PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Peterson 3P's
University Flake
They both would fit the bill.

Crooner is the bomb if you like Deer Tongue, but G&H Best Brown Flake #2 with added Deer tongue is out of this world... Like hot sauce, you can always add more but you can't take it back once it's in there so be judicious... puffy

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
St Bruno.
Listed as an aromatic, but I would hardly call it that, almost no complex flavours, a bit lightweight.
As plus points, I would say, it lights well, burns well, and is easy going.
Hardly any nicotine strength though and definitely not a late night smoke IMO.
I just opened my first pouch today and it smells a lot like earthy dark fired, but with a little less smoke and more sweet, presumably from the bright red Virginia or maybe the casing, which is very light….

Not as aromatic as I expected either. Having said that I really like the flavour I’m smelling in it and hopefully the weather is nice enough for a bowl tomorrow to try it.

Reactions: Morrison Jeremiah
Jun 25, 2021
England
Happy Brown Bogie
Black XX
Dark Flake
Based on what you said a while ago about smoking it to exclusion, I've recently tried Dark Flake for the first time.
Very nice smoke, seems like a more approachable cousin of Brown Bogie.
It's good to have a flavoursome, strong tobacco that burns slowly.

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
Hello,

I normally smoke English blends, but lately I have had a craving for some lightly flavored blends that still retain a true tobacco flavor. I am also looking for something with a higher level of nicotine. I enjoy both the taste of tobacco and the soothing effects of a good dose of nicotine. I know some may feel differently but that's just my preference.

Thanks!
Couple of interesting options on-the-cheap:
Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye
Sutliff Mark Twain #150
Sutliff Edward G. Robinson

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would start with Capstan Blue Flake for a first of the day smoke.
Next I would go with Peterson Navy Rolls or Peterson University. Next try some Mac Baren Old Dark Fired. Lastly a bowl of Peterson Irish Flake.

You will need to learn how to smoke flake tobacco.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Let’s me and you buy ourselves a pipe tobacco company.

And right at the start let’s agree we cannot compete on the lowest end of the price range.

So for our natural flavored aromatics we are going to buy high quality burley and Virginia tobaccos and hire a master blender to make us some good smoking tobacco to sell.

We can’t sell bad aromatics and pay the overhead.

I truly believe that any aromatic from an established company is as good as they can blend it. There are no bad ones.

Find a reputable company, chose your flavor.

• Love
Reactions: HopHand