Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
How does the cob compare to the 1792 Flake? I’ve never tried it.
SG’s description is that 1792 Flake is sliced Cob Plug.
Samuel Gawith's Cob Plug is essentially the plug version of the popular 1792 flake, a rich, dark, and full-bodied pipe tobacco marked by its strong character and beautiful tonquin notes. Fire-cured Tanzanian leaf and steamed and pressed Virginias are pressed then steam-pressed to further marry and caramelize the flavors.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
SG’s description is that 1792 Flake is sliced Cob Plug.
Samuel Gawith's Cob Plug is essentially the plug version of the popular 1792 flake, a rich, dark, and full-bodied pipe tobacco marked by its strong character and beautiful tonquin notes. Fire-cured Tanzanian leaf and steamed and pressed Virginias are pressed then steam-pressed to further marry and caramelize the flavors.
Awesome, makes sense.
1792 is good stuff.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
Yes it is! Having only been at this a little over a year, my meager cellar is broader than it is deep.
1792 is one of three blends that I’ve gone through consistently, and with limited availability it seemed wise to stock up a bit.
Absolutely, its nice to have it plug and ready rubbed both if one or the other is out of stock you have a back up too.

Reactions: FurCoat and seanv

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Been meaning to explore some of the Wilke Blends, so I ordered a few to get started;
Wilke 436, Wilke 400, High Hat, Surbrug Crystal Palace and Lizzie Blood Red English - my first crossover Are-English. There is not much info on these here, so I'm planning to do reviews after some enjoyable sampling!
BTW - I'm pleased to be able to try some of the blends that Jiminks had a hand in creating!

Status
Not open for further replies.