PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
View attachment 117321

Got a tin of Tilbury in my stocking. My dad rules.

Also picked up some Full Virginia Flake and other SG Blends from Watch City last week. Grabbed 2oz of Old Dominion to see what the fuss is about.

side not: I absolutely hate the new SG tins. The warning labels are incredibly. Posted a side by side for anyone that hasn’t seen the difference.

View attachment 117322

Are these the 2021 new label stickers? Looks so cheap. Even when they first had the warning labels on them, the texture/color on the label at least still looked 'premium'

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
Are these the 2021 new label stickers? Looks so cheap. Even when they first had the warning labels on them, the texture/color on the label at least still looked 'premium'
I agree. I think in the UK Gawith's were the only ones holding out with the warning labels, keeping them to an outer card box that each tin came in, rather than on the tin itself. So maybe its a cost thing?

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
Yep. I haven’t bought any SG in 3 years so not sure when they changed. The tin itself is cheaper feeling too as well being shrink wrapped around the top.

• Sad
Reactions: lukasstrifeson
Jun 23, 2019
I agree. I think in the UK Gawith's were the only ones holding out with the warning labels, keeping them to an outer card box that each tin came in, rather than on the tin itself. So maybe its a cost thing?

Yep. I haven’t bought any SG in 3 years so not sure when they changed. The tin itself is cheaper feeling too as well being shrink wrapped around the top.

Yeah, it makes sense. Given all the logistical challenges this pandemic has created, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Jun 23, 2019
And to bring it back on topic for the thread, here are some boozy aromatics I recently picked up:

4uUgtIhl.jpg

Lord Morgan has been a delicious Bourbon Plum Pudding comp and the Orchard Mist is a peachy cousin - if you have the patience to dry them, both are great.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
And to bring it back on topic for the thread, here are some boozy aromatics I recently picked up:

4uUgtIhl.jpg

Lord Morgan has been a delicious Bourbon Plum Pudding comp and the Orchard Mist is a peachy cousin - if you have the patience to dry them, both are great.
I like that the Balkan Sobranie is just kinda hanging out with the others in such an inconspicuous manner. "Nobody here but us aros!" :LOL:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.