PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I have a bunch of Presby cellared, but was unaware it was offered in a 100g tin. This is great to know as it is one of my favorites.
For me in Europe its only offered in 100 g tins @ Estervals, dunno if that changes when ordering from elsewhere. 1 pound boxes of most Macbarren produced flake's where or are available to people ordering from the USA, those where never available to us Europeans as bulk offerings like that where not allowed.

Simplicity

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2020
Michigan
For me in Europe its only offered in 100 g tins @ Estervals, dunno if that changes when ordering from elsewhere. 1 pound boxes of most Macbarren produced flake's where or are available to people ordering from the USA, those where never available to us Europeans as bulk offerings like that where not allowed.
Yeah, just checked on Estervals and seen it is only 100g tins. I’ve been ordering 50g tins from SP as that is all they offer. Will be including some in my next Estervals order.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I placed an order that is pending arrival. 1kg Condor- 1kg St.Bruno. 1kg Mac Baren Virginia Flake tins 50g. Everything in my local tobacconist's shop.
John, for how many more years do you think you will be ordering from your local tobacconist?
I only ask because I'm thinking of either going into partnership with them, or buying them out...
I don't think they trade on the stock exchange.

??

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I like the way they ship there baccy! Never tried any of Ken Byron offerings or Mr. Christians?
What’s your favorite
I was lucky enough to be surfing his site one night when Verge Engine Overdrive was available. Unfortunately, I only purchased one 2 oz. bag, thinking I’ll order more if I like it. It was phenomenal and I haven’t been able to acquire it again. That would be my favorite KBV blend.

Lesson learned. I now purchase 2-3 of each blend that sounds good to me. I probably have 20 or more of his blends. All are good, some are great. Burley Morning Pipe is my favorite blend that is usually in stock. Paired with coffee, it’s heaven.425EB62A-E54C-41AB-930C-67FB8B01C7EA.jpeg

I love his packaging. The sealed Mylar bags are perfect to store as is, and the lid decals are a classy touch. I’m a fan.

Last edited:

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
John, for how many more years do you think you will be ordering from your local tobacconist?
I only ask because I'm thinking of either going into partnership with them, or buying them out...
I don't think they trade on the stock exchange.

??
Hi friend Brendan. Yes, well, it is a way to fill the cellar in a cheaper way, without additional costs. With the advantage that good tobbacco are miraculously available in neighborhood tobacconists. This is a considerable savings. Then I buy the most special tobacco in esterval, you know that they have a great variety, which do not exist here in Spain. And yes, the girl at the store is very happy with me, she is a very nice 70 year old woman. He says he no longer sees men as handsome and classic as those of yesteryear. He finds it very manly and exciting.????wow, a boy smoking a pipe like my daddy did, the lady at the store told me........

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Hi friend Brendan. Yes, well, it is a way to fill the cellar in a cheaper way, without additional costs. With the advantage that good tobbacco are miraculously available in neighborhood tobacconists. This is a considerable savings. Then I buy the most special tobacco in esterval, you know that they have a great variety, which do not exist here in Spain. And yes, the girl at the store is very happy with me, she is a very nice 70 year old woman. He says he no longer sees men as handsome and classic as those of yesteryear. He finds it very manly and exciting.????wow, a boy smoking a pipe like my daddy did, the lady at the store told me........

I just love, love, love that you can order that much within your neighbourhood and keep someone in business, and without breaking the bank.
It's becoming very rare in the world (except for online) and then having to deal with shipping/customs etc.

Love those posts. ?

But I know I've commented before so I won't sidetrack this thread anymore.

Kudos John!

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I just love, love, love that you can order that much within your neighbourhood and keep someone in business, and without breaking the bank.
It's becoming very rare in the world (except for online) and then having to deal with shipping/customs etc.

Love those posts. ?

But I know I've commented before so I won't sidetrack this thread anymore.

Kudos John!
Yes, I totally agree with you. I have a tobacco shop in the coastal area, about 12 kilometers away, and it has a very wide variety. There I also make purchases that also save me costs by internet. It is a spectacular tobacconist. It is very sad that these stores will close forever. I can't understand it. I hope that cigars and pipe tobacco will be protected as a premium item and as a historical tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.