PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dies_Irae

Lurker
May 8, 2021
Rhode Island
I guess I should have found this thread before starting a new one called "A Noob's Cellar".

I have recently begun smoking the pipe again and to say again isn't quite correct as I never really began correctly in the first place. Buy once, cry once is a motto I like, so I stocked up on baccys to start my cellar. I enjoy all the different types of tobacco so I bought a little of everything. I bought two tins of each besides aromatics which I only bought one of each.

In addition to the tins I already 1.75 of the following in jars that I am smoking:

English:
Peterson Standard Mixture
Peterson Early Morning Pipe
SPC Plum Pudding SR Flake

Virginia:
Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia
Orlik Golden Sliced
Peterson Flake

Va/Per:
Escudo
Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls
Sutliff Crumble Kake Va Perique

Burley:
Peterson University Flake
Mac Baren HH Burley Flake
Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired

I think between the jars and tins I should be busy for awhile! I am sure by the time I get to some of these they will have a decent age on them. Hopefully I will narrow in on what I like the most.

P.S. I accidentally ordered (2) SPC Plum Pudding Bourbon Barrel Aged in addition to the Special Reserve Flake. I am looking for two tins of Escudo if anyone would like to trade. If not I will just keep it.

tempImager8kJfY.jpg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
TAD & a book!

Some Newminster 400 to cellar part of and some to smoke now and a few to try plus a book I've been wanting:

No.400 Superior Navy Flake
Newminster
No.400 Superior Navy Flake
Sku: 005-528-0021
Quantity: 1
Options: 16oz
Price: $36.01
Burley and Bright
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.
Burley and Bright
Sku: 005-001-0001
Options: 2oz
Price: $8.65

Erinmore Flake 50g
Erinmore
Erinmore Flake 50g
Sku: 003-023-0002

Quantity: 2
Price: $22.20
History of the Calabash Pipe, Second Edition
Books
History of the Calabash Pipe, Second Edition
Sku: 001-119-0017
Price: $40.00

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Even a “working” vacation leads to TAD:

2 x 100g Rattray’s Exotic Passion
1 x 50g Germain King Charles Mixture
1 x 50g Germain Medium Flake
1 x 2oz Savinelli Juno
1 x 2oz Savinelli 145th Anniversary
1 x 4oz GH American Cherry Vanilla
3 x 2oz Esoterica Dunbar
2 x 50g Vauen #14 VA Flake
1 x 8oz LJP 150th Anniversary
1 x 1oz LJP London Flake
1 x 2oz LJP Cambridge Flake
1 x 1oz LJP Century
1 x 2oz LJP Omega
1 x 1oz LJP Park Square
1 x 1oz LJP RCTR
1 x 1oz LJP Royal
1 x 1 oz LJP St. James Mixture
1 x 2oz LJP Tashkent
1 x 12oz Carter Hall *
1 x 12oz Prince Albert*

Since these 2 made a reappearance, I was not going to leave my cellar with the few bowls that I had remaining when they disappeared a few months back.

EA31C00B-5F8E-402A-AB35-A7794B5655BE.jpeg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Welp, I ordered a tin! I never order tins 'no more'. This one looks good and I might get a free ashtray with it, I dunno yet. First come and first serve....no suggestion in the order confirmation though, so, that's 'drats'.
The tin is Sutliff Crumble Kake VA/Perique
Also on the order:
2#'s TS-20 LA Perique
1# J4 Burley
1# 507S Stoved VA
recently recv'd:
2 #'s 515 RC1 Aged Red VA
2 #'s Cockstrong
1 # HH Burley Flake

I hope my itch has been scratched for at least another 6 months, as this adds to a fair amount already in house.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Welp, I ordered a tin! I never order tins 'no more'. This one looks good and I might get a free ashtray with it, I dunno yet. First come and first serve....no suggestion in the order confirmation though, so, that's 'drats'.
The tin is Sutliff Crumble Kake VA/Perique
Also on the order:
2#'s TS-20 LA Perique
1# J4 Burley
1# 507S Stoved VA
recently recv'd:
2 #'s 515 RC1 Aged Red VA
2 #'s Cockstrong
1 # HH Burley Flake

I hope my itch has been scratched for at least another 6 months, as this adds to a fair amount already in house.
I think you had to buy any 3 tins of the Krumble Kakes to get the ashtray

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Small order from TAK. Wanted to try the MB classic (vanilla) Roll Cake which is now also available in Europe and the Vauen mainly for the box. Ah and the Motzek Strang that comes with instructions to open the bag.. let it dry some.. close bag etc. Repeat until dry enough to jar without mildew...
20210514_144839.jpg

Last edited:

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Small order from TAK. Wanted to try the MB classic (vanilla) Roll Cake which is now also available in Europe and the Vauen mainly for the box. Ah and the Motzek Strang that comes with instructions to open the bag.. let it dry some.. close bag etc. Repeat until dry enough to jar without mildew...
View attachment 79880
Hmmm, that I missed, there was a piece of paper in my package which my basic German told me it wrote "instructions on how to smoke rope tobacco" which promptly went into the recycling bin. Will open my jar right now because yes the Strang is VERY wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.