PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
This has to qualify as a "special needs" TAD.

Even though I'm not smoking, and even though I have no plans to smoke, all this talk about tobacco shortages and restrictions made me go shopping, just in case I decide to smoke. My needs are basic : 1000g of Dark Flake, now coming to me from Watch City.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
20210529_202055.jpg
That's a tin each of Eight State Burley, Hal o'the Wynd, and Windjammer. With 2oz each of Haunted Bookshop, Stokkebye LBF(this is 4oz), LTF, Spruce Stream, and Scottish Moor. Also a pair of cobs, cleaners, and a Nub Connecticut I owe a guy at work. Scottish Moor is a Scottish blend, a sweeter English which I'm no longer allowed to smoke in Mrs. Rookie's car. Spruce Stream is a light aromatic that I'm encouraged to smoke in her car.

For the first time since Labor Day 2019, the kids were all at the grandparents, so Mrs. Rookie and I ran away to Virginia wine country. Our hotel in Winchester, VA was right across the street from John B Hayes Tobacconist. A successful weekend in indulging our vices!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
So from a Sunday order Watch City delivered my tobacco order, for FREE, today. After hearing about all the horror stories about Estervals and domestic orders/deliveries, I got off easy, just as if it were the good old days when such performance would have been appreciated and expected.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
8oz Cornell & Diehl Redburn Pipe Tobacco
2oz G. L. Pease Sextant Pipe Tobacco
2oz Captain Earle's Ten Russians Pipe Tobacco
2oz Savinelli 145th Anniversary Pipe Tobacco
2oz Peterson University Flake Pipe Tobacco
2oz Peterson The Royal Yacht Mixture
3x 2oz Cornell & Diehl Eight State Burley

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
So my Dark Flake arrived yesterday, and I was excited to jar it, having bought and washed a sufficient number. But then what do I find? It's scented.

Now in prehistory I smoked a bowl or two and just loved it. Rose Geranium is very attractive whether it be the scent in Condor or DF. So I'm still dialoging about keeping the 1000g or sending it back. Not what I wanted, but on the other hand I think it will be very good, and getting a hold of DF of whatever persuasion in the face of across the board outages appears difficult.

A good problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.