PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
From my local tobacco shop. I'm getting supplies with. About 30 tin of Standar Mixture of Peterson and 30 tin of Old Dublin. And 20 tin of HH pure Virginia............This was buy April................I want to supply myself with Peterson.....The price is in 9,30 euros tin 50g
That's cheap for European standards. Might be a thing to shop at your place.... Price for those tins would be double, my normal source for cheaper tobacco is about a third more expensive than this price point.

Reactions: ofafeather

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Two packages delivered the following today:
5x McConnell Scottish Cake 50g
2x Old Gowrie 100g
1x Hal O The Wynd 100g
1x Rouxgaroux 16oz

Being delivered tomorrow (unless usps is lying like normal):
5x Wessex Virginia Brown Flake 50g
1x Blairgowrie 100g
1x Inns of Court 100g
1x HH Pure Virginia Flake 16oz
1x Surliff Virginia Slices 16oz

The cellar is happy at the expense of my wallet.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I'm a sucker for these interesting Cobblestone tins and they haven't disappointed yet so...
1x Cobblestone Chess Bishop 2oz
1x Cobblestone Chess Pawn 2oz
1x Cobblestone Outdoors Fishing 2oz
1x Cobblestone Outdoors Hunting 2oz
1x Wessex Gold Brick Virginia 3.5oz
3x Peterson Elizabethan Mixture 2oz (closest thing to Ye Olde Signe I've come across)

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Have you tried McConnell Shakespeare? That’s supposed to be a clone of Ye Old Signe.
I have I think around 12 tins of Shakespeare stocked up (cause I do like it), but its not close. When I first popped Elizabethan 3 years ago, I didn't like it much, dunno if I got a mediocre tin or something. Popped a tin 2 days ago and this time its pretty good. Doesn't have the strength of Ye Olde Signe, but I can tell they use some of the same virginias.

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I have I think around 12 tins of Shakespeare stocked up (cause I do like it), but its not close. When I first popped Elizabethan 3 years ago, I didn't like it much, dunno if I got a mediocre tin or something. Popped a tin 2 days ago and this time its pretty good. Doesn't have the strength of Ye Olde Signe, but I can tell they use some of the same virginias.
Interesting. Haven’t had Elizabethan in years - early 2000s - but was never really able to get into it. Maybe should try it again.

Reactions: jyrreb

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Got a 20% off coupon from a website that is mainly cigars, checked their pipe tobacco section... looks like they haven’t updated their price on Escudo in about 3 years. Got 10 tins for $95 shipped after the coupon ?. Livin like it’s 2016. Interested to see what the manufacture date is.

Status
Not open for further replies.