PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
For the jars, have you tried the locally owned small hardware stores? They usually carry a lot of home canning supplies. That's where I get mine.
None within walking distance, and unfortunately I don't drive so I rely on deliveries for the most part.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
8oz quiet nights
2 tins standard mixture
2oz cube cut
1 tin chelsea morning
1 tin Maltese falcon
2 tins orlik golden sliced
1 tin university flake
1 tin (100g) Mac baren golden extra
1 tin (100g) Mac baren vanilla cream
1oz three blind moose for sample
1 tin key largo
1 tin Stonehenge flake

See y’all in April...

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
With Samuel Gawith blends rumoured to be withheld - or at least a lot more expensive - for us EU folks I had to get me some additional tins. Straight to the cellar.
Will stock up more on SG.

View attachment 72290
Glad to see some of us getting some. Great haul. Hopefully it’s not going to get as bad as we all think it is.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
One of my primary blend genres these days is virginia/oriental/perique. Also due to pricing considerations, I stick with C&D bulk. So, that means for me, it's always either Oriental Silk or Orion's Arrow. Lately, those 2 seem to alternate being out of stock @ SP.Was going to order in a week to stock up again, but noticed today the OA was out of stock. Figured I'd better order now and got a half pound of OS and a half pound of Bayou Morning. Gotta have perique in my blends 95% of the time.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Both are excellent VaPers.

The Salty Dogs is a dense plug and I usually butcher the heck out of it cutting it but fantastic once you get a bowl going good.

It'd be nice if the Ascanian was available in the US. In addition to good standard VaPer flavors there's a nice zesty sourness lurking in it and the perique is fantastic and doesn't turn peppery unless you smoke it hot.
Nice! I got some Ascanian No2 coming to me these days, among other blends, I'm pretty sure I'll like it based on all I read and some kind comments from experts here.

Out of curiosity, is the 250g pouch not available to US IPs? I mean you clearly like it so why get the 100g tin rather than the 250g pouch which is a fraction cheaper?

DedHed Piper

Might Stick Around
Dec 28, 2019
Sweden
Glad to see some of us getting some. Great haul. Hopefully it’s not going to get as bad as we all think it is.
Thanks.
Yeah, we can hope these news on SG vs EU is just a temporary thing.
There are still some fantastic tobaccos to be had on this side of the channel, actually most of'em, but Samuel Gawith is Samuel Gawith. And Squadron Leader is Squadron Leader. None can change that.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Nice! I got some Ascanian No2 coming to me these days, among other blends, I'm pretty sure I'll like it based on all I read and some kind comments from experts here.

Out of curiosity, is the 250g pouch not available to US IPs? I mean you clearly like it so why get the 100g tin rather than the 250g pouch which is a fraction cheaper?
I like the convenience of being able to sell/trade/give away tins in the future. Plus I simply drop a tin into a mylar bag, seal it, and toss it in my cellar until I'm ready for it.

The same can be said for the Capstan Gold I ordered. Luckily their sale price on it right now is so good I was able to take advantage of it. (Same for the price of Salty Dogs.)

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
My latest acquisition. Now comes the challenge of finding some mason jars for this lot. It appears that the major retailers nearby either don't have what I want in stock, or its not available for delivery. I could either order awkwardly shaped jars from Target, or pay nearly 3x the amount and get it via Amazon.. Then there's the ongoing saga with my missing Country Squire Black Friday order... I've tried contacting them to no avail and requested a refund via PayPal...with no response so far :/ Anyone know if they're back up after the winter storm? I'll likely have to chalk it up as a loss, but they've lost my business, there's plenty of other vendors to choose from. I'm sure they're a good bunch, there's many here who seem happy with the service, but I won't be ordering again.
Is there an Ace hardware near you? They all seem to have a ton of Mason jars. Just picked up a dozen of the Ball 8oz Mason Jars I was running low on. They had all the sizes, even the 6 pack of half gallon jars that fit 1 lb.

Status
Not open for further replies.