PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
How is that Match Ready Rubbed?
I like it and keep a few pounds on hand. It's not complex yet flavorful and the nicotine is just right. Good balance of cocoa/molasses (very light topping) and burley. I rub it through my hands one good time and let it dry for 10 minutes. Scoop, light and smoke. I tend to wonder off in thought with these old codger blends since they are so easy to smoke. I recommend it and at 28 buck and change per pound, it is easy to pad the cellar with. I have been finding myself reaching for the codger blends more often than not here lately.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I like it and keep a few pounds on hand. It's not complex yet flavorful and the nicotine is just right. Good balance of cocoa/molasses (very light topping) and burley. I rub it through my hands one good time and let it dry for 10 minutes. Scoop, light and smoke. I tend to wonder off in thought with these old codger blends since they are so easy to smoke. I recommend it and at 28 buck and change per pound, it is easy to pad the cellar with. I have been finding myself reaching for the codger blends more often than not here lately.
Sounds really good. I'm gonna get me a pound. Thank you

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Sounds really good. I'm gonna get me a pound. Thank you
While you are at it, and I see you like English blends as I do, get some Balkan Sobranie Match to try. I did, and I have a couple of pounds now. The Sobranie 759 Match was good too, but not as good as regular match. I know it's not the real Sobranie but it is good in its own right.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
While you are at it, and I see you like English blends as I do, get some Balkan Sobranie Match to try. I did, and I have a couple of pounds now. The Sobranie 759 Match was good too, but not as good as regular match. I know it's not the real Sobranie but it is good in its own right.
I've been eyeballing that one. I have a pound of Balkan Supreme on the way but I'll have to try this out as well. Thanks for the recommendations

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Took advantage of a recent drop:
1 x 50g Astleys #1 Medium Latakia Mixture
1 x 50g Astleys #2 Mixture Blend of Virginias
1 x 50g Astleys #44 Dark VA Flake
1 x 50g Astleys #88 Matured Dark VA
1 x 50g Astleys #99 Royal Tudor Full Latakia Mixture
1 x 50g Astleys #109 Medium Flake
1 x 50g Wessex Campaign Dark Flake

The Wessex and the #44 are to deepen the cellar and the others are all new to me.

0BD76681-AE61-44CA-B69F-3A8C727AFAAE.jpeg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I recently sampled Robert McConnell Black Flake, in the Heritage Series. It may not be Dunhill Dark Flake, but darned if I can tell the difference. So today, a package arrived with 5 more tins for aging. I still have 2 tins left of the Dunhill. I hope that gets released here as a Peterson.
I also got 2 tins of the Flake, one for now, one for aging, and one of the 1848 Latakia, which is supposed to be a clone of the Dunhill MM1938, which I dearly love, and am running low on. If the McConnell passes muster, I will certainly grab some more.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
This week I picked up stuff mostly to try but some for the cellar, too.

Arrived today from SP:
2 x Rattray Sir William
2 x Rattray Exotic Passion (man! This stuff smells amazing!)
5 x Samuel Gawith Grousemoor

Stopped by Edleez Tobacco in Albany, NY and picked up:
1 x C&D Dreams of Kaddath
2 x Sutliff Cringle Flake 2020

Order today from Watch City:
1lb Rouxgaroux (yay!)
5 x Vauen #14 Flake
2 x Savinelli Doblone d’Oro
1 each:
Peter Heinrichs Rich Dark Flake
Samuel Gawith Perfetcion, Squadron Leader
Gawith Hogarth Balkan Mixture

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Got a pound of Rouxgaroux ordered yesterday, had about 4lbs of some random stuff show up over the last few days, and then this gem hit the front porch a few minutes ago...

View attachment 73419
Yesterday I ordered a half pound bag of Burley Morning thinking "that should last a while". Also threw in 6 oz each of The Patience of Dr. Silence & Merchant Service Sandy Row both new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.