PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
What can I say.. SG will be difficult to get in continental Europe.. so I stocked up just in time...View attachment 65714
Nice haul. Interestingly estervals still lists them for 14.30-17.xx euros per tin, I had a look at Italian shops and their price shot up to about 30 euros, like what's happening in Denmark. I am waiting for some business-related news. If they are good I'll hit it! Really interested in brown no.4 twist though.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Nice haul. Interestingly estervals still lists them for 14.30-17.xx euros per tin, I had a look at Italian shops and their price shot up to about 30 euros, like what's happening in Denmark. I am waiting for some business-related news. If they are good I'll hit it! Really interested in brown no.4 twist though.
Yes, same standard price for the Estervals tins. The BS Flake is around 24 Euro/30 USD here in DK, but this is due to the latest tax increase for tobacco. This is from one Estervals order, one Danish Pipe Store order and one drop-in at the store once I realized that the physical shop is actually open despite the lock-down.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I wish I could walk in a shop in Greece and see something other than Clan, Borkum Riff, Scandinavic, Captain Black, MacBaren 7 seas/Vanilla and in "fancy" shops some Davidoff Malawi/Scottish/flake medallions and Erinmore flake. Real pipe tobacco desert.
Yes, same standard price for the Estervals tins. The BS Flake is around 24 Euro/30 USD here in DK, but this is due to the latest tax increase for tobacco. This is from one Estervals order, one Danish Pipe Store order and one drop-in at the store once I realized that the physical shop is actually open despite the lock-down

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I buy regularly, every month a little, 10/12 tins in Smoking pipes, usually 2 to test and then others for my cellar, in three or four small shipments, it is my system so that my TAD is "not aggressive" to my economy and "my wife does not put me to sleep with the dog".

in Synjeco two or three times a year, these plugs last a long time. I usually cut them and put them in mason jars because the containers are not suitable for preserving them, mold is a big risk.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I took the bait...
2 tins of G. L. Pease: Windjammer 2oz
1 Former: Bird's Eye Flake 50g
1 Lb of Sutliff: Match Victorian for the cool container
and 1 Cornell & Diehl: Redburn 8oz...because in the game of life, you have too little storable food, ammo, and Redburn.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
And......tobacco goes on sale the VERY NEXT DAY...
So just to show em, I grabbed
1 2oz G. L. Pease Fillmore
1 2oz Cobblestone Brick Virginia Plug
1 20z Cobblestone Brick Kentucky Plug
and Peterson Sherlock Holmes Hansom Sandblast
to match my Baker Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.