PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
First smoke of my grandfathers meerschaum. Filled with his favourite (only really) tobacco St Bruno Flake. Can’t say more than that. View attachment 80380
@Fiddlepiper Nice pipe - I've been smoking some St. Bruno Flake in my clay pipe.
My most memorable smoke was at the Georgian Weekend at Cromford Mill when the blacksmith lit my clay pipe from his forge!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Two memorable smokes: one great, one unpleasant.

The good: tried my first VaPer and I'm in love (Hearth & Home's Viprati). To my palate, it alternated between deep, bright, and bloody-tasting. The Cabernet Sauvignon of tobacco, and totally intoxicating. Definitely a step up in quality from what I'm used to.

The bad: Tried my first English, and a Balkan at that (Balkan Supreme). I don't think Latakia (at least not this much of it) is for me right now. The taste was like a cross between an old argyle sweater and a library book.
@GothPiper I still think that Latakia sounds like a cheap car made in Syria before the uprising!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
When I bought tobacco I very typically bought in lb increments. And then if I liked a tobacco, as above, I'd want to buy 5 lbs, and this was with some 50 different blends, which was just a little crazy. Why couldn't I smoke a bowl of something good and enjoy it without immediately dreaming excess?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Kissel bixby

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 10, 2021
2 months ago I got the Missouri Meerschaum wizard pipe, churchwarden. I filled the massive bowl with Mac Baren Vanilla Cream because I was around a lot of friends n the wife. On first smoke, my senses were full force, even vision. Every exhale back into the pipe produced a large smoke ring. It was a warm summer night wearing a t shirt n shorts. Very mild breeze so my nose was able to receive the beautiful scent of the tobacco from my mouth.

Kissel bixby

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 10, 2021
Sorry hit send to soon. There was a candle on picnic table that I sat on. The smoke danced through the air. I felt like I was in the movie the hobbit. One of the guys has autism, 30 yr old. I made jokes about for 10 shillings I would go on a quest. Him and I laughed throughout the night. Best part was my wife thinks the pipe is ridiculous, so that alone provided joy. Not to really piss her off, just that it was an awesome pipe and it was funny seeing her expressions throughout the night. I will remember that moment forever.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I never have a bad smoke anymore as I have enough experience to make sure it doesn't happen. Now sometimes I have some smokes that are always just fantastic like when I smoke my 2007 Stonehaven or my 1998 Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky or my 2006 Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake and another 20 plus blends that smoke great when I pair it with the right pipe.