PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
My Warhammer 40k gaming son and his friends gave it a 2/5. Obvious to them it is a fanfiction type riff of factions, weapons, ships, and theme right out of 40k cannon. They suggest unsanctioned because Games Workshop (protective IP owner of 40k) is currently working on a movie with AppleTV and doubt this is 'licensed.'
I also thought it took a lot from 40k which im a big fan of, the name I use on here “Peter Turbo” is actually a 40k reference. We’ll see what Henry Cavill and Amazon do with the IP it just got green lit for them do to shows.

Reactions: Scottmi and Tate

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The critic makes reference to Bug's Life but that Argument comes from The Seven Samurai or its American version The Magnificent Seven.
I saw Rebel Moon only once but I can identify the following inspirations. The general plot is from The Magnificent Seven.
The character who abandoned violence to live in a quiet place and is forced to return to violence to settle old issues was seen in dozens of films, for example "A History of Violence", 'The long Kiss Goodnight' or even "John Wick".
Korra's relationship with her father is stolen from Thanos and Gamora.
The cantina in the spaceport city is stolen from Moss Eisley from SW A New Hope.
The spider has inspirations from Tolkien.
The Hippogriff scene is directly stolen from Harry Potter.
The retired war general who drowns his sorrows in alcohol but is sought out to use his abilities has also been seen many times.

Reactions: Scottmi