PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Saw that and thought of the forum too!

It was good and bad to me.

Looked amazing, finally something new other than a remake or reboot.

... but I can't suspend disbelief enough to watch a 5 ft 5 in, sub-100lb girl beat up a dozen armed soldiers literally twice her size in a small barn while they're all aiming guns at her.

World's most accommodating stuntmen.

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Yes I saw the pipe. As for the movie, I started watching it 5 minutes after the premiere because I stayed up late. I only watched until the spider scene. It seemed to me that visually it doesn't add anything new and the script is a collection of clichés.

• Love
Reactions: puff_not_snuff

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Saw that and thought of the forum too!

It was good and bad to me.

Looked amazing, finally something new other than a remake or reboot.

... but I can't suspend disbelief enough to watch a 5 ft 5 in, sub-100lb girl beat up a dozen armed soldiers literally twice her size in a small barn while they're all aiming guns at her.

World's most accommodating stuntmen.
Cliche. The scene of the elite soldier (or the repentant mafia hitman) who lives hidden and in peace and faced with a situation in which his loved ones are endangered, brings out all his skill and causes carnage. We have seen it in hundreds of movies.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I almost watched that movie last night. The wife and I are both sick for xmas. The trailer looked like it required too much attention so skipped it for now. Will check it out soon.

Pretty sure we have covid. My sense of smell is messed up. That’s gonna be a bummer if it sticks around for long.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I almost watched that movie last night. The wife and I are both sick for xmas. The trailer looked like it required too much attention so skipped it for now. Will check it out soon.

Pretty sure we have covid. My sense of smell is messed up. That’s gonna be a bummer if it sticks around for long.
Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland

Same with us. Totally sucks. Hope you guys feel better soon.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Thanks guys. We so have covid. Couch camping for Xmas. We are slow recovering but we both feel like there is a giant energy vacuum.

Watched Rebel Moon last night. Not bad, not great. A bit of overkill in getting the team together. Predictable and in need of editing.

The film would have been stronger if some was left on the cutting room floor. My call: Its something to watch but not memorable. Pretty weak storyline. 99 percent cgi. I will still watch the second part if Im sick or bored.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Thanks guys. We so have covid. Couch camping for Xmas. We are slow recovering but we both feel like there is a giant energy vacuum.

Watched Rebel Moon last night. Not bad, not great. A bit of overkill in getting the team together. Predictable and in need of editing.

The film would have been stronger if some was left on the cutting room floor. My call: Its something to watch but not memorable. Pretty weak storyline. 99 percent cgi. I will still watch the second part if Im sick or bored.
It is so boring and such an incredible waste that I will not watch the second part; in particular not when I'm sick or bored or whatever.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Zack Snyder directed it. That's enough for me to avoid it. There is no more operatic, shallow, and derivative , nor more grandiose and tasteless, a director working today. He's Cecil B DeMille without the talent.
What is does prove however is that the Falcon pipe company still is a sound business
in the far, far way future. Food for thought, not ?

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
What is does prove however is that the Falcon pipe company still is a sound business
in the far, far way future. Food for thought, not ?
Future or distant past?

However it is certain that Rebel Moon, as it is written, is set in a distant galaxy.

This proves what many have suspected: that the Falcon pipe is of alien origin.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
My Warhammer 40k gaming son and his friends gave it a 2/5. Obvious to them it is a fanfiction type riff of factions, weapons, ships, and theme right out of 40k cannon. They suggest unsanctioned because Games Workshop (protective IP owner of 40k) is currently working on a movie with AppleTV and doubt this is 'licensed.'