33 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Whenever anyone takes umbrage about what is or isn't something a real man would do - I wonder about the person making the statement.

That said - there is a long list of things only men would do that seem definitive to only males. What those things are is probably best for its own thread.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Whenever anyone takes umbrage about what is or isn't something a real man would do - I wonder about the person making the statement.

Hmmmm. Would one wonder about a person wondering about the above?
:)
That said - there is a long list of things only men would do that seem definitive to only males. What those things are is probably best for its own thread.
Oh, please, not another thread about that!!

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I use emojis all the time, but never as a replacement for words, just to add emphasis.

I don't use them too much on forums though. The emojis work on Apple and Android phones and are consistent. Back in the day though, some of the emojis weren't consistent between the two, and no desktop web browsers supported them. I don't know in text how web browsers show them today, since emojis were encoded in Unicode starting around 15 years ago (so for over-simplification, emojis are a reference to a Unicode point and the emoji image itself is on the device displaying the data, rather than on the host, and displays like text characters do, if I am understanding correctly how it all works).

Forum specific emojis always show consistently since forever because they are bitmaps stored on the website's server, and they're presented like any other image is. Emojis work differently than that though (see above).

However, I don't buy all this "a real man" crap. Anything posed as what a "real man" or "real woman" would/should do, is all socially constructed. At one time, pink was the color for baby boys and blue was for baby girls (I forget when exactly that switched, well before all our times, I just remember reading about it). At one point in time, "real men" wore wigs, high heels and more makeup than a modern-day theatrical drag queen. It's all a load of nonsense.

samb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2024
Texas
Emoji use being femme is highly subjective. Don’t worry about what anyone thinks and just use them if you want. That being said, I’m not 😘 in any message to a guy

• Haha
Reactions: Professor Moriarty

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
You can be an asshole legally here, If you put a puffy at the end.

And then theres the blue socks.. that ones my favorite.

🧦 IYKYK

Reactions: ziv