PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
geo3rge,
Man it must be great to have access to all that Condor, my favorite Tobacco! I smoke my pipe throughout the day, and one thing is for sure, Falcons are tough! I smoke other Pipes as well, but at work it is most always a Falcon. You don't have to worry about it breaking when you stick it in your pocket, or if you accidentally drop it. Loved reading your post my friend!
Eric

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
Thanks, Eric. Glad to see another Falcon devotee! Plus, of course Condor and St. Bruno. One of my college tutors in the Seventies smoked a bent Falcon always packed with St. Bruno Flake. He would light (always with matches) with a great flourish and emit clouds of blue smoke wherever he was at the time. That, of course, was in the days when you could smoke just about anywhere and everywhere. His unwitting influence has obviously rubbed off on me with my love of similar things. I even remember, in the same college, a small group of students who, every lunchtime, would sit together and light up their pipes, the Falcon being chief among them. A Falcon sure is tough, indeed. I have four of them and about six bowls between them. Always give a good clean smoke and whenever I pack and light one I'm instantly transported back to those halcyon days of my youth when pipes were commonplace, even amongst the young. I remember as a boy young blokes just out of school taking it up as did several of my teachers who seems to find a Falcon a firm favourite. For a while, the Falcon seemed to epitomise the habit, at least in the UK. Writing this has put me in the mood for one right now! Happy smoking, Eric.

Steve

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Steve, I had a close friend who only smoked Falcons and that is how I became acquainted with them. If you get time and you would care to watch, check out Jack Hargreaves on youtube and vimeo for plenty of Falcon Pipe smoking. Another interesting note is I heard he favored Gallaher's Rich Dark Honeydew. Great talking with you my friend.

Regards,Eric

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
Thanks, Eric for the tips about Jack Hargreaves. I used to watch him on TV when I was a child, in a children's show called 'HOW', a kind of general knowledge show. He also used to front a countryside series. You've brought back some good memories here. Gallaghers Rich Dark Honeydew sounds lovely. I don't know if it is still available. Sad to say, the Gallaghers site in Northern Ireland has now closed, being bought out by a Japanese Tobacco firm. Coincidentally, just been smoking my bent Falcon with St. Bruno Ready Rubbed on this fine Spring evening, getting ready for a light meal then a visit by a friend later on. Happy puffing.

Stee

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Rich Dark Honeydew was a classic that was highly regarded and is no longer with us.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Steve it sounds like you are set up for a fine evening indeed. I really enjoy watching the old Out of Town series with Jack Hargreaves, a very informative fellow. As James80 said... it is sad but true, Gallaher's Rich Dark Honeydew is no longer with us. @ papieguy, thanks for the welcome my friend!
Regards,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.