PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Hello from Dalton,GA. USA
I have been pipe smoking almost 30 years, thanks to the pipe I got off the Coffin nails. I have owned a wide array of Pipes over the years from Kaywoodies to Dunhills. I have also had different collecting interests as well during this time. I also have smoked a lot of different types of Tobacco, from Burley to English blends. About 6yrs ago I became acquainted with two of Britain's most famous OTC Blends and have never looked back. After smoking quite a bit of St.Bruno and Condor I have come to realize that I have found for me...the perfect blend. After reading about an Author on the internet and his love of Condor, I felt intrigued to try it. Wouldn't you know it I fell in love with a Tobacco that is only available overseas. Would also like to apologize, I may have went against the guidelines by sending a member a PM with myself having such a low post count.
Kindest Regards,

Eric

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Well, just so you aren't a blue falcon...
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have you. We have a good many Condor lovers here. You are in good company. You may find, through the course of posting and reading here, tobaccos they you may also enjoy that you are currently unaware of.
In any event, welcome again and don't be a stranger.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Welcome to the forums and btw, I dig your avatar. I've never smoked a Falcon but am a fan of the history and someday I'll get one. Also a Condor fan albeit in small doses due to the procurement issues but I dip into my jar when I'm in the mood for a heavy hitter. Look forward to seeing more of your posts.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
@settersbrace,
Thank you for the kind words my friend. I think you would like a Falcon, especially with Condor...they go together, like a Hand and Glove.
Regards,

Eric

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
St Bruno is a wonderful tobacco. It's what Old Dark Fired wants to be and could never come close

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
@james80, I have smoked quite a bit of St.Bruno RR and while it is a classic, I prefer Condor. @ Geoffry, thanks Brother.
Eric

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Welcome to the forum ! We won't hold against you the fact that you like Condor..... :roll:

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
@falcon, fair enough. Not a ready rubbed St Bruno fan, find St Bruno flake more flavoursome.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
@ejames, Thank you Sir for the welcome.@james80, I have only smoked St.Bruno RR, never had the Flake. I bet it is quite tasteful!
Eric

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Welcome, Falcon. Glad you joined us. If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist (mostly). This place is amazing. I just thought I knew a lot about pipes and tobaccos. There are some folks on here who really, really know pipes and tobaccos!
I have tried both Condor and St. Bruno. I'd love to smoke them more often, but cha-ching, a little too much on my retired budget. But, I with you. I love them, especially Condor! It flies my kite!
Glad you are on board and welcome

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Welcome,falcon. This really is a nice forum with lots of nice people who give GREAT info.

So much info here that I'm now totally confused. And people who know me said that could never happen. :roll:

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks guys for all the warm welcomes, ya'll sure know how to make a guy feel at home!
Happy Smoking!
Eric

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
Apologies to begin with for not writing many posts, though I read the forum here regularly. But when I read this thread, thought I'd like to reply! Living in the UK, I can get St. Bruno - a long term absolute favourite, in fact, my regular go-to blend - and Condor quite readily from local shops and supermarkets, these being two of only a handful, if that, of pipe tobaccos still sold OTC. I love Falcon pipes too and for me St. Bruno Flake in a bent Falcon are perfect. It is probably down to childhood memories of pipe smokers in the Sixties who all seemed to have Falcons and St. Bruno on the go everywhere. Thanks for posting and continue to enjoy your pipes and those tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.