PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
Does anyone have a review on rattrays old Gowrie or marlan flake ?
Tobaccoreviews.com will do a better job than I could, but I love both of those blends and snatched up 500g bags of them as soon as I found some available. Marlin has a nice, subdued marshmallow sweetness to it and Old Gowrie is just a good, straightforward VaPer with a bit of kentucky. It strikes me as a sophisticated, everyday, working man's tobacco. That said, I've always thought of it as a gentler little brother to Hal O' The Wynd, which I prefer. I never could find the bulk of HOTW in stock but I have 800g in tins and wish I had more.

Bowlsmoker67

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2021
Montgomery County Ny
Tobaccoreviews.com will do a better job than I could, but I love both of those blends and snatched up 500g bags of them as soon as I found some available. Marlin has a nice, subdued marshmallow sweetness to it and Old Gowrie is just a good, straightforward VaPer with a bit of kentucky. It strikes me as a sophisticated, everyday, working man's tobacco. That said, I've always thought of it as a gentler little brother to Hal O' The Wynd, which I prefer. I never could find the bulk of HOTW in stock but I have 800g in tins and wish I had more.
Thanks for the input , now I have to find who has it in stock

Reactions: Charlie718

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
Thanks for the input , now I have to find who has it in stock
It looks like Mars Cigars could get you any of those 3 right now, though in varying quantities. Good luck!

Edit: I should add that I'm in WA, which severely limits my options. You might have an easier time than me, though it seems like many vendors have been sold out for a while.

Bowlsmoker67

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2021
Montgomery County Ny
It looks like Mars Cigars could get you any of those 3 right now, though in varying quantities. Good luck!

Edit: I should add that I'm in WA, which severely limits my options. You might have an easier time than me, though it seems like many vendors have been sold out for a while.
Thanks again. I'll check them out

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Old Gowrie is a nice solid blend, always hits the spot, should be called Old Reliable or Old Gangster. HOTW is like Old Gowrie but with a stronger flavor and nic hit. Im thinking it has more perique than OG.

Never tried Marlin yet although I do have a couple tins stashed away.

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA

Ditto on Mars Hill. Grab them when u can.
JohnK

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Last night I took some Marlin Flake, rubbed it out and left it overnight in the AC, this morning I checked it and it was still so moist it clumped together lol. It just doesn’t want to dry
The microwave is your friend. I just smoked a bowl of 2018 MF and it was moist to the touch. 12 seconds in the microwave and about 10 minutes in front of an air conditioner duct and it was perfect.

• Love