PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I got one in response to living with cats and having a cat allergy. Also, sometimes forest fire smoke gets thick enough that you can hardly see a hundred yards. Problems solved. Haven't used it for smoking.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jun 23, 2019
I use RabbitAir filtration systems in my smoking room, I can't remember the model numbers but they are great machines.

Easy (vacuum and rinse) upkeep and don't need to change filters every 3 months. Well, I guess that depends on how much you're puffing..

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
I have the RabbitAir in my office (freestanding) and a dual-fan exhaust fan in one window. My issue isn‘t the room itself. My wife doesn’t particularly care if the office has a pipish aroma—she doesn’t want to smell it outside the office. The fan does a decent job of pulling smoke outside, and the RabbitAir keeps the air that does wander back into the hall clean enough that she doesn’t complain. It does *not* clear the room while I’m smoking…just keeps the aroma fairly well contained. I also only smoke light blends and aros inside, so what does get out meets her approval—or at least tolerance.

Pallidan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2020
Nassau County Long Island
I have the RabbitAir in my office (freestanding) and a dual-fan exhaust fan in one window. My issue isn‘t the room itself. My wife doesn’t particularly care if the office has a pipish aroma—she doesn’t want to smell it outside the office. The fan does a decent job of pulling smoke outside, and the RabbitAir keeps the air that does wander back into the hall clean enough that she doesn’t complain. It does *not* clear the room while I’m smoking…just keeps the aroma fairly well contained. I also only smoke light blends and aros inside, so what does get out meets her approval—or at least tolerance.
Thank you for the reply. I have a small office ( 10ftx10ft ). I ordered the 780A model and I will be keeping the door shut with a towel under the door. It should work fine plus I have windows that I can open as well.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
If you still get smoke smell going outside the room, you might try closing the door but leaving off the towel and opening a window. I found it creates a one-way air flow—especially with the exhaust fan in the window—whereas when I blocked off the door with a towel the smoke smell seemed to work its way through the air ducts (which I also close). YMMV

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
It's a really nice unit. I wish I could convince my wife to let me smoke in our office if I mounted one on a wall.
Let me see, there's something drastically wrong with this statement; "convince my wife to let me smoke" in my own home which I payed for.
*scratches head* Is that the 'secret' to a 'happy' marriage?

Probably explains why I'm happily single. :LOL:

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
This close to dropping a rabbitair in my home office. 16' long by 5' wide (very long and rectangular), carpeted, with no ventilation whatsoever (no ductwork going to or from, no windows). It is also carpeted. Thoughts? I smoke mostly aros. North Missouri winter is not conducive to outside smoking. Would appreciate any input!

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I don't use an air purifier because I have a ventilation system in my smoking room. But, if I was going to buy one I think I would look at something where you don't have to keep buying expensive filters all the time. Just a thought.... puffy