PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I know many successful and unsuccessful small business owners. They, the successes, were willing to risk every dollar they had to enjoy their dream.. They had, very important, the knowledge and willingness to work very hard. So, know the risks if you want to start or buy a small business. Do the due diligence, be happily willing to invest the heartbreaking hours, mortgage the house, forego the new car, risk the kids college fund and strive for your dream. You're either going to end up broken and sour or, you'll drive yourself to success. Life is a bitch and then you die. If you're not rick averse, willing to work pretty much 24/7 for years to provide something consumers are willing to pay for ... you can succeed.

Success depends on many things. But, a belief in yourself, coupled to a willingness to bust your ass and you might, possibly, achieve. Succeed or not, you'll learn a lot about yourself. But, you better brutally question reality of your undertaking before the mortgaging your future.

And, to those who chose to risk and try . . . my hat is off to you. Been there and done that. I've won and lost.

PS

I never found it fun. Satisfying? Yes? Fun? Never.
Very well stated. As far a it being fun, yes. The process of taking something from concept to actuality is fun (for me), but then, as you point out, reality sets in. Where to find employees? How to retain employees? Oh, my warehouse is now too small. Oh, half of my inventory is now going obsolete. THE MARKET CRASHED! Not taking a pay check for seven months, but making sure to meet all of my obligations. Back on my feet! Making money again! Elections have consequences??? What do you mean you can make more money sitting at home than coming to work?!?! And so on…and so on…

Henry Ford rightfully pointed out that “Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.” Learning to temper ones nerves and learning to trust Providence, has proven to be the most difficult of all things to master, for me. And, yes, I have learned a lot about myself that I would not have ever learned if not for the challenge.

• Love
Reactions: warren

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
And ………………..……….STP is very much alive and well and selling tobacco!

I have a couple other of their blends as well.