PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
The same ends on a much larger scale with much higher stakes...and much greater catastrophic potential in the hands of psychopaths. That has not been seen before in recorded human history. Especially when you factor in things like genetic manipulation.
I see and know where you are coming from as I know many people who come from this perspective and obsess over prophetic themes. To me, these discussions don't go anywhere because everyone is an "expert" in his/her particular corner of this thing based on the stuff they follow on the internet and their particular reading of the Bible and the times. I have no interest in any of it. But to your point, genetic manipulation was part of the antediluvian world if you believe the Book of Genesis. I stand by what Solomon said: There is nothing new under the sun. YMMV.

Reactions: gamzultovah

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I see and know where you are coming from as I know many people who come from this perspective and obsess over prophetic themes. To me, these discussions don't go anywhere because everyone is an "expert" in his/her particular corner of this thing based on the stuff they follow on the internet and their particular reading of the Bible and the times. I have no interest in any of it. But to your point, genetic manipulation was part of the antediluvian world if you believe the Book of Genesis. I stand by what Solomon said: There is nothing new under the sun. YMMV.
If you go back and look at my comments you'll see I never made any assertion here about prophecy...it was others who did that. I simply commented about technology.

And yes, if you believe the mythological accounts of the antediluvian world, then you know that technological curve ended in catastrophe...so you're making my point.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
The "end time" hysteria goes back way further than your childhood. Start studying Christian history and you will see this has been an obsession from the start. Every generation sees fresh "signs" and they always end up being wrong. There is nothing new under the sun.
Oh, I know that it goes back further. I never drank the Kool aid and broke free when I reached an age of independence.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Is belief the same as hysteria?

On the subject of hysteria - there seems to be a lot of it being pushed, as alternatives to belief in the aforementioned.
default_17.gif

Reactions: brian64 and Zero

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Matthew 24:36 is what I believe
I believe that too. I also believe that it's one of the verses that gets taken out of context the most, in order to assuage one's conscience and sense of readiness.

It has to end sometime, which means the Father WILL eventually tell. But the suicidal optimists always use that verse as a Christian version of the Arrow's Paradox.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I believe that too. I also believe that it's one of the verses that gets taken out of context the most, in order to assuage one's conscience and sense of readiness.

It has to end sometime, which means the Father WILL eventually tell. But the suicidal optimists always use that verse as a Christian version of the Arrow's Paradox.
I've always interpreted as that people will predict and claim to know, but nobody knows. But there will be signs that point to it. People do take things out of context and assume what you know and believe...then they tell you what to go and study. I can understand why it can be such a touchy subject and thar be trolls. I just try to live a simple life and acknowledge the Lord. Proverbs 3:6

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021

I can see what you mean. I'm blaming you for me going to sleep early tonight 😴💤 This Is How Physics, Not Math, Finally Resolves Zeno's Famous Paradox https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/05/05/this-is-how-physics-not-math-finally-resolves-zenos-famous-paradox/?sh=2cfa705f33f8

Reactions: beargreasediet

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.

‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” —Thomas Paine (1776)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Gee...seems awful familiar:

“The five marks of the Roman decaying culture:

Concern with displaying affluence instead of building wealth;
Obsession with sex and perversions of sex;
Art becomes freakish and sensationalistic instead of creative and original;
Widening disparity between very rich and very poor;
Increased demand to live off the state.”

~ Edward Gibbon — “The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire” (Written 1776 to 1788)