PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
I ordered the Herb Spice Grinder from Amazon.
I the past I tried to use a coffee bean grinder. No work well. It ground the flakes too fine, almost powder like.
Looking forward to using this one. Thanks for the Amazon link.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Posted this in another thread but I've been using one of these for a few weeks and it works great. 2 coins or 1 flake fits perfectly. The pyramid shape doesn't pulverize the tobacco like the paddle type (more for spices and herb). Got 2 for around 20$ on Amazon.

il_570xN.1803614855_8kpb.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr and rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Blasting flakes to bits in herb grinders and coffee grinders is cool and all if that's what you're into, but I've never had bad results from just rolling them into a ball between my palms and then fluffing it out a bit onto a plate or shallow bowl. It's quick, no extra tools needed, and it leaves me with a slow burning mix of ribbons and chunks. Comes out looking like ready rubbed, which seems fairly redundant to say. I'll occasionally cut flakes into squares or larger cubes, but any finer cut than that seems to nullify the point of a flake. Of course, it's your tobacco, so if it floats your inner tube go ahead and pulverize it into snuff, or booty boof an uncut plug sideways. I'm not tryna tell anybody how to live!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Blasting flakes to bits in herb grinders and coffee grinders is cool and all if that's what you're into, but I've never had bad results from just rolling them into a ball between my palms and then fluffing it out a bit onto a plate or shallow bowl. It's quick, no extra tools needed, and it leaves me with a slow burning mix of ribbons and chunks. Comes out looking like ready rubbed, which seems fairly redundant to say. I'll occasionally cut flakes into squares or larger cubes, but any finer cut than that seems to nullify the point of a flake. Of course, it's your tobacco, so if it floats your inner tube go ahead and pulverize it into snuff, or booty boof an uncut plug sideways. I'm not tryna tell anybody how to live!
Arthritis and rubbing out tobacco are not friends.?

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
I bought one recently. It works fairly well except it can be a PITA to get the tobacco pieces out of the grinder blades. Worth the effort though I believe. I told and stuff flake. I use this for plugs such as C&D Seersucker.

Mine I used for "medicinal purposes only" has a little spring built in that pushes out the filling....

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Posted this in another thread but I've been using one of these for a few weeks and it works great. 2 coins or 1 flake fits perfectly. The pyramid shape doesn't pulverize the tobacco like the paddle type (more for spices and herb). Got 2 for around 20$ on Amazon.

il_570xN.1803614855_8kpb.jpg

What is the name of that grinder?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Bought one of the Kingtop grinders from Amazon even though I figured it would not be particularly good.

Have to admit it works quite well. I’m impressed. Some of the more notorious flakes to keep lit behave very well indeed with just a couple half twists.

PITA to get some of the pieces out from between the teeth but nothing egregious.

The tobacco is perfect for my preferences and much easier to keep lit.

Worthwhile purchase. ?

Reactions: bent1

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
The ones I have seen used for MJ (medicinally) has a spring that allows you to push the grinder bottom up and it cleans between the grinders teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.