PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Found this useful for rubbing out flakes. It’s listed as a grinder though I’d describe it as more a cutter. The lid is held to the body with a magnet inset in both lid & body of cutter. Place flake inside, press down the top & give a couple twists. Remove the lid to remove the cut tobacco. There is a nylon gasket that keeps both aluminum pieces from rubbing together. It’s about the size of a hockey puck, 2-7/8” diameter. It can accommodate two 2” long strips, enough to fill a group 3 chamber.

1C0F913A-4BD4-4553-BBD8-615947DD7663.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sonorisis

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I have same device but it’s says Uber on it. I bought it at a head shop in Galveston. And I use it for more than just flakes.

For instance I mentioned in another thread how Presbyterian Mixture became more palatable to me after I chopped it up in the grinder. And I like being able to trickle smaller pieces of tobacco into the bowl.

Reactions: anotherbob

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
I've had good success with a coffee bean grinder. In fact, using a grinder is the only way I've gotten FVF to burn like other tobaccos. The coffee grinder is also a good way to mix different tobaccos -- if you're into that sort of thing.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I guess this is the grinder sold in head shops. I see them offered when I go in to pick up my wife CBD for her Parkinson's. I will take a closer look next time. Could definitely be the answer to my problems with plugs, flakes, coins etc. thanks for the education.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I've had good success with a coffee bean grinder. In fact, using a grinder is the only way I've gotten FVF to burn like other tobaccos. The coffee grinder is also a good way to mix different tobaccos -- if you're into that sort of thing.
That seems like a good idea, but how does your coffee taste after that?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have what I think is probably an even smaller version of the same hand grinder that works nicely for flake or coin/plug/rope, or reducing the size of larger and/or uneven cuts to make the burn more even. I can do a bowl or two in a few minutes.

Reactions: bent1

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I’d be curious to see the ground result. I feel like it will make a lot of dust and tiny pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.