PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018

I've never seen a nomenclature like this, and the seller claims it to be from the family era... could anyone enlighten me?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Way out of focus.

s-l1600.jpg

Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,

LINK to that thread

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Interesting. I don't see those nomenclature details anywhere on the pipephil example page. I thought it was Transition ('76 - '79), but it doesn't match up with their example either. I suspect it is Transition sub-grade or second line (Alfred S is known as a 2nd line)

http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-sasieni.html

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
Thanks! Interesting indeed... does anyone know what 58S may indicate?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The nomenclature is similar to that on a pipe I have. Mine is a Sasieni made for a pipe shop in Oakland, Ca. I assume that Alfred’s is a shop that ordered their pipes from sasieni with their name on them. Mine does have the made in London stuff in the “football” arrangement.

Mike S.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I assume that Alfred’s is a shop that ordered their pipes from sasieni with their name on them.

Mike, not Alfred's, Alfred S. as in Alfred Sasieni.
I think so. Dot(s) are nowhere to be seen in the stem.
There would't be dots, the pipe is one of Sasieni's "seconds" lines. Look for any remnant stem logo on the top; at first glance (without seeing the slot) it does look like a Sasieni stem.
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-sasieni2.html
:)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Looks like no one bit....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELLENT-RARE-VINTAGE-SASIENI-ALFRED-S-58S-LONDON-ENGLAND-PIPE-/132884456616?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Status
Not open for further replies.