PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OakIris

Lurker
Jan 31, 2020
Resurrecting an older thread, but wanted to add my experience. Just received my Kiribi Mikazuki lighter this morning and had the same problem that the OP reported when attempting to fill his lighter, the gas went everywhere except into the lighter.

My experience was opposite his, however, in that my problem was with the fill tips on Colibri butane cans, the tips were too small to fit on the fill valve on the lighter, the butane just sprayed out all over the place. I tried two different cans of Colibri just in case there was a problem with the first one I used but same problem. I had a can of Smoker Friendly Premium Butane - made by Xikar. The internal diameter of the fill tip on this can is observably larger than that on the Colibri cans and it fit the lighter's fill valve perfectly, my lighter is now filled and working!

Not sure why other folks have had great luck with filling their Kiribi lighters with the standard Colibri fill tips, while they failed to work for my lighter, that does seem odd! The cans I had were from a few years ago...maybe they had a different fill tip size back then??

In my ignorance, I, too, thought the fill tips on butane cans and the fill valves on lighters were all a universal size; I had never run into this problem before and had never seen or purchased cans of butane that came with a choice of tip sizes. Now I know and, like crashthegrey, I am glad I read this thread before deciding my lighter was at fault.

Reactions: odobenus
Status
Not open for further replies.