Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

M

MARC52

I have 1 pipe in rotation and a couple of new and unsmoked in reserve. I just don't see the need for more than one pipe when I only smoke a few bowls a day, usually a bowl in the morning and 1 or 2 in the evening. My one pipe is well maintained, well seasoned and consistently delivers a dry, sweet smoke. Sometimes less is more, and I think this rings true for me at the moment.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I have 1 pipe in rotation and a couple of new and unsmoked in reserve. I just don't see the need for more than one pipe when I only smoke a few bowls a day, usually a bowl in the morning and 1 or 2 in the evening. My one pipe is well maintained, well seasoned and consistently delivers a dry, sweet smoke. Sometimes less is more, and I think this rings true for me at the moment.
I don't blame you - maintenance on more than one is a bitch when unnecessary

Reactions: Kal and MARC52

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
'embers is a smoking pro. I think if he is conscious he has a pipe in his clench. So for him to say that he feels a pipe performs well after smoking it for several weeks is saying something.

Reactions: Kal

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
35 or so pipes. I rotate all of them in a month or so. Then there are 7 cobs on top of that that I use for OTC. And 6 Morgan Bones that I rarely use. Oh, those 35 are Peterson. I only know how many because I had to count during the move.

Reactions: Kal and UncleRasta
I am trying to stay below 10 pipes a day, and my goal is just 6. But, I smoke from a different pipe each time, unless I am traveling. But, I will sometimes grab 10 fresh ones the next day, but some just sing better for a particular blend for me, so those get smoked more frequently while I have that blend open. Intry to smoke them all within a few weeks, but I have so many. Some, I’ve even forgotten about, till I find it in a drawer. The hazards of having over 100 pipes.

Reactions: Kal and OzPiper
Jun 25, 2021
England
For the most part I smoke five different tobaccos ,
I have two pipes for each, I clean them out after every smoke with a pipe cleaner dipped in filtered water, wipe out with a paper towel and leave on an open window sill for two days.
I'm starting to find that three days is even better, so I'm thinking to build up to 15 pipes.
It's not a question of doing what people say one should do, but a case of what tastes good and what tastes crap.
If a smoker can't taste the difference between a clean pipe and a fouled up one, that's fine for them, or hopefully it's more that they prefer the taste when it's like that.
As long as one enjoys smoking that's all that matters. Find what works for you.

Reactions: Kal