PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Very, very nice opportunity you have to show and help friends explore pipe smoking! Such a rare occurrence today, unfortunately. I hope that you will keep us informed of how it progresses.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I got to preach the joys of pipe smoking to the guys in my Scotch Club. Granted, it was little like shooting fish in a barrel since guys that willingly join clubs like that seem predisposed to other "finer things" like pipes and cigars.

My only advice is to share your enthusiasm and do whatever you can to help them avoid tongue bite. That seems to be the prime thing that chases new guys away.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
because these churches are the bane of our country.

also it really had nothing to do with this thread that he leads a fundraising group.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Actually all Catholic clergy take this vow.

I guess I'll go start a church today.... I seem qualified, right?

No they don't. I grew up going to a Catholic Church and a Catholic school so I have some experience in this area, though I am not a religious person. It was my understanding that most Catholic clergy actually don't take poverty vows.

Anyhow, this is all besides the point. Quit being disrespectful and insulting other forum members.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
No they don't. I grew up going to a Catholic Church and a Catholic school so I have some experience in this area, though I am not a religious person. It was my understanding that most Catholic clergy actually don't take poverty vows.

Anyhow, this is all besides the point. Quit being disrespectful and insulting other forum members.
Ok you're technically correct as it's not a vow of poverty but a "life of simplicity" to not gain riches.
so I guess a step above poverty.

You're right it is disrespectful but so are false religions in the eyes of God. ?

I'm done here but OP really didn't need to say anything about religion at all, did he?

Status
Not open for further replies.