PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's worth noting that some extremely wealthy people are also exceedingly tight with their change. The oil magnate Paul Getty had a pay phone in the vast foyer of his mansion to keep guests from abusing phone privileges. I bet there were and are some pipe smoking fat cats who have a pipe and tobacco budget about like mine. The assumption that all fat cats are big spenders on everything is a miscue. That attitude is how some of them became wealthy. Warren Buffet has never moved to a house larger than the one he and his wife bought when they were starting out, another example.

The assumption that all fat cats are big spenders on everything is a miscue.
You can't paint the whole lot of them the same color. In my line of work, I have heard from some who tell me that their accountant demands that they spend more money. Well... one... she told me that he had to spend the money in her actual expense account by the end of the month. She would take my wife and a few of her friends to buy them almost a complete wardrobe occasionally. Or, buy a lot of my work. I don't know how that works, because I'm not exactly that rich, ha ha.
But, if I had an accountant demanding that I spend several thousand a month, I'd be getting creative with it... making youtubes of me juggling Eltangs while riding my unicycle through a bed of hot coals. puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.