PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
So I never get the uber deals. I've gotten good deals, but this one is pretty darn good. I got a 17" Meer for $25. The pictures were blurry, but I tossed in a $25 bid a day before it closed and never looked back. I didn't see I'd won until 2 days after it closed.
Then I noticed it was from a 0 feedback seller with a crazy name. I thought for sure I'd been taken by a chinese con-artist. I paid anyway and lo and behold this arrived today:
Ebay pic (bad):
s-l500.jpg

In my grubby mitts pic:
1513397459328843518767-600x450.jpg

There are a few dings in the first section by the mouthpiece, and the draw is sub-par (as they are in most long meers), but I think I did ok for $28.32 shipped. I am going to clean this one and smoke the crap out of it.
:puffpipe:

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Love the auctions where you dont expect to win, then by some miracle no one else bids and you score big. Nice man :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Bonus: you can keep your pipe, tamper, tobacco, and pipe cleaners in the turban, and the tobacco nannies will never know!

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
What a neat pipe. I have never seen such a thing. How many sections in the stem? Looks like a convertible... 8O

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
You did some excellent ebay gambling there buddy! I am always afraid of losing my cash to seller with little or no ratings so I never bid, just window shop. but you made out great on this one!

I will have to remember to bring a couple of my meerschaums with me next time we meet up.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Those turnban carvings are often odd. I have a saxophone pipe, too (mine cost a lot more than your amazing $25!) featuring a man wearing a turban, and mine's looks a bit like cake frosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.