PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Latakia is there, but to me it's really in the background or really working together with the Orientals and Virginia. I don't think it's red Virginia, but I can't tell for sure.
Has anyone tried Presbyterian match from P&C? I'm still relatively new to the pipe world and finally picked up some Presbyterian after reading all the glowing reviews and was blown away by this blend! Granted my experience with English tobacco came from the sub-par blends offerd from my local B&M cigar shop, but wow what a difference! This could easily be an all day smoke for me but the price tage for this pipe smoker on a budget is a little to high for an all dayer, and would rather save the real stuff for a long quit weekend night. The match, budget wise is perfect but would hate to waist money on another sub-par blend!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
I tried Presbyterian for the first time this weekend. I also tried a couple of C&D English American blends,First amendment and another one I can't remember. This was my first time trying English blends. I thought the Presbyterian was well made. It was well packaged and it burned really nice right out of the tin. I enjoyed how cool it burned no tongue bite at all. I can't put my finger on the taste. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. There was almost a rubber taste to me and all of the three blends shared this. I'm guessing this is the orientals? I have real mixed feelings about it I don't think I'm drawn to this genre of tobacco. I have a tin that was given to me. I think I'll revisit it later. Also after trying the Presbyterian everything afterwards that I tried tasted like Presbyterian.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FLDRD

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I tried Presbyterian for the first time this weekend. I also tried a couple of C&D English American blends,First amendment and another one I can't remember. This was my first time trying English blends. I thought the Presbyterian was well made. It was well packaged and it burned really nice right out of the tin. I enjoyed how cool it burned no tongue bite at all. I can't put my finger on the taste. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. There was almost a rubber taste to me and all of the three blends shared this. I'm guessing this is the orientals? I have real mixed feelings about it I don't think I'm drawn to this genre of tobacco. I have a tin that was given to me. I think I'll revisit it later. Also after trying the Presbyterian everything afterwards that I tried tasted like Presbyterian.
I say keep smoking it and you'll be surprised at the changes in flavor profile you'll get. At some point you should really get some "sweet cream" from it.