PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
What can anyone tell me about a Preben Holm BRITTA BECH model? I can't find out anything about this specific model.
Thanks,
Jon

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Hi Hawke, no that's not mine. The one that I just got is in mint condition, it has never been smoked at all. I just got it off ebay last Friday and I received it at home today just in time for Christmas!! I just can't find anything written about this model anywhere. By the way my pipe puts the one in the picture to shame.
Merry Christmas :puffy:
Jon

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
This was another line that Holm carved, outside the Ben Wade contract pipes he was producing for Snug Harbor/Lane. I think they were mostly carved in the mid to late 70's or early 80's. They are one of a number of projects Holm carved, such as the Monte Verdi series, the Rungsted Mariner series, etc. Some refer to these as seconds, but I don't think that is accurate, merely another line from a carver.

I would enjoy pictures, if you could post some. The BB pipes were a mixture of blast and smooth finishes with an occasional horn finish on the shank.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/12648/picture-008-337x600.jpg
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/12648/picture-006-337x600.jpg

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Above Post are the photos of my Preben Holm Britta Bech. I am having a hard time posting my Avatar and all Photos so please bare with me.
Thanks,

Jon :puffpipe: :puffpipe:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
@Jonathan to post pics you copy picture link, hit the IMG paste into where it says paste img link.
picture-006-337x600.jpg

picture-008-337x600.jpg

Very nice pipe by the way.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Andy, my son posted for me because I hate to say that I'm not very computer literate. I can post and reply to entries but anything else is beyond me. I really am trying to learn but directions just confuse the sh%t out of me.
Jon :puffpipe: :puffpipe:
I can't even post the photo for my Avatar and neither can he, could a administrator do it??
Jon

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I think the avatar has to be within a specific size range, so you may have to downsize the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.