PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
It is a mistake to think that they are motivated, controlled or restricted by money. Their motivations are political, ideological and bureaucratic. Money only enters into the equation insofar as the bureaucrats do their best to cover their costs, bring in extra cash to make themselves look good and extract money from the people and entities that they control as a form of punishment. But even if the money isn't there, they will pursue their ideological and bureaucratic goals.
Bwahahaha! Corporations control the beaurocrats and idologues, not the other way around. Beaurocrats and idologues are seduced by money and controlled like obedient little slaves. Corporations scream and cry they're being harrassed by gov't beaurocracy but it's just a ruse so the masses will continue to cling to naive notions such as the above quoted one.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yep that's why I'm stocking up on everything I can not just the post 2007 blends though I did order a few of those too. That being said my cellar goals are pretty satisfied. Just the odds and ends to pick up.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"Bwahahaha! Corporations control the beaurocrats and idologues, not the other way around. "
Then explain how EPA regs get through. CAFE standards. Explain why it takes so long to get drugs approved.
I don't mean to suggest that the ideocrats operate in a vacuum. They are most damaging where their goals intersect with a source of corporate influence, and indeed I agree with you that he who pays the piper calls the tune. But to suggest that the FDA deeming regs on tobacco are purely a manifestation of industry's desires is ill-informed.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. I stocked up on every favorite no matter what year. It wouldn't surprise me if they gut the industry whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.