PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
@cigarmaster... Are you saying I should have to surrender my hunting rifles, rifles I use to provide my family with food, or have to do a 20 year sentance in prison? Sir if that is what you are implying then I personally invite you to come and try to get them!!! Taking guns from us isn't going to solve a thing, if somebody wants to kill they will find the way to do it. I so feel for those innocent children and their parents and I hope that they have the strength and courage to make it thru these tough and agonizing times. We held a special service for all of the victims today in our church, we are also taking up donations to send to Newtown for the community to use as they wish.

robertelliott

Lurker
Nov 5, 2012
I went to mass this morning with a heavy heart. In my prayers I was asking God

to not only comfort the familys of the victims at this time,but to also ask God

to change my heart as well as my fellow man ,and come up with measures

so that this won't happen again. One tradegy is to many! There have been several

of these in my life time as well as others who can say the samething. Keep the faith,

always keep in mind that good will conquer evil every time!

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
As much as I would like to climb up on my soapbox and defend 2A I will bite my tongue.
God bless these children, teachers, and families. I can imagine the pain that sick son of a bitch has caused them.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Very well said Juvat. :clap:
IMHO... We will always have evil in this world, since we first crawled out of the pond (or whatever you might believe) there has been bad people. As we all know Evil has no respect for any man nor any rules, and evil has no set appearance... the only sure thing is that evil will at times make an appearance.

Guns give a good man a fighting chance, you take away those guns and your basically taking away a mans ability to defend his life, if man cannot defend his life in a world where evil exists and does everything possible to take away said life... then your taking away the right of life.
and finally, this is not opinion but fact!

No one on these forums or anywhere else in the world, for that matter, has the right, nor knows any better, what is right for me or my family! How dare anyone tell me what I should or shouldn't do for the betterment of my life or that of my family's. As long as I am not hurting anyone, stealing from anyone or infringing on anyone's space I have the right to do what I FEEL IS BEST. Just as you have the right to do what is best for you... if you feel you can defend yourself with a wet noodle, well then by all means who the hell am I to tell you that your not allowed.
People forget that opinion is just that... an opinion. You dont agree with guns? fine! dont agree with them and you have that right to express yourself... but dont TELL me that I cannot have one because YOU dont believe in them.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people WITHOUT a gun.
Evil is not a "what", it's a "who".

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38

when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.

their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.

they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.

they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.

"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.

"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."

when what to their wondering eyes did appear,

but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.

He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.

then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring

those children all flew into the arms of their King

and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,

one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

and as if He could read all the questions she had

He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."

then He looked down on earth, the world far below

He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe

then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,

"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"

"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"

"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"

then He and the children stood up without a sound.

"come now my children, let me show you around."

excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.

all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,

"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA
--

Kim

"Destinations are where we begin again." ~ Polar Express

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Victoria Soto was the teacher who hid her students and then died protecting them. She saved her entire class. She is a First Class Hero!
In almost every single instance, this one, the theater shooting in Colorado, there are stories like this and I look through the horror and still have hope. People say there aren't any heroes anymore, maybe they need to take a look around them. I am in awe of people like this young woman!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Victoria Soto was the teacher who hid her students and then died protecting them. She saved her entire class. She is a First Class Hero!
In almost every single instance, this one, the theater shooting in Colorado, there are stories like this and I look through the horror and still have hope. People say there aren't any heroes anymore, maybe they need to take a look around them. I am in awe of people like this young woman!
+1 A true hero...may she rest in peace.
It's just a shame she wasn't armed so that she could defend herself. IMO, if the principal and teachers had been armed, many of those children would still be alive.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I apologize if the description below is too intense for some, but I think it's important that we pay attention to and recognize moments like this.
Victoria Soto’s heroics were matched by her teacher’s aide, Anne Marie Murphy, 52.
In a statement put out yesterday, the parents of 6-year-old Dylan Hockley told how his body was found in Murphy’s arms.
“We take great comfort in knowing that Dylan was not alone when he died, but was wrapped in the arms of his amazing aide, Anne Marie Murphy,” said Ian and Nicole Hockley.

Status
Not open for further replies.