PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Yesterday, The Amazing Wifey and I adopted and brought home our 2nd rescue cat from the local animal shelter.

Bastet.jpeg

This is Bastet, our brand-new 14 week old female, all black, American Short Hair, whom I named after ancient cat-headed Egyptian goddess.

800px-Bastet.svg.jpg

Just this morning, kitten Bastet completed her first night here in our home with all of our other critters - 1 Cat 2yrs old, also a Rescue, named Queen Katy (aka Queenie, Katy), and our 3 dogs - currently in isolation in the guest room on the 2nd floor, while the two cats slowly get used to each others presence by smell, before being introduced to each other in-person, face-to-face.

The compleat integration process between Queenie and Bastet should take less than a week before they are eating, playing, and sleeping together in the same space.

Once successfully introduced, Bastet, will have gone from living on the streets in a dilapidated abandoned building in Atlantic City, to the confinement over-crowded Animal Rescue Shelter with an uncertain future, to our home in the matter of just 14 weeks... and, will be living in the lap of luxury with Queen Katy in this multi-story Cat Condominium, complete with wall-to-wall carpeted individual condo with amazing views, sky decks, exercise center, and, person butler - ME - who provides chef services, personal grooming, poop collection service, massage, and directed activities/entertainment, with unimpeded views of the Bay and wildlife directly outside our very quiet home - instead of views of urban decay and chaotic city noise.
Cat_Condo_Tower.jpg

And, NO CONDO FEES! :LOL:

I want everyone to know that is PURELY AND SOLELY because of our dear brother, @JimInks, posting sidebars in the WAYS Thread about his adventures with "The Ferals" which live under the love and care of the Amash house, that I got into adopting rescue cats... and drinking Community Coffee!

Jim's incredible sharing and contributions have extended waaaaaaay beyond just enriching my personal pipe-smoking; and, have enriched the lives of everyone in our home - and especially for Queen Katy and Bastet, who live with us now because of Jim and his wonderful influence and presence here on the forum. 👍

- Sherm ''Overly Blessed' Natman

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Yesterday, The Amazing Wifey and I adopted and brought home our 2nd rescue cat from the local animal shelter.

View attachment 218159

This is Bastet, our brand-new 14 week old female, all black, American Short Hair, whom I named after ancient cat-headed Egyptian goddess.

View attachment 218164

Just this morning, kitten Bastet completed her first night here in our home with all of our other critters - 1 Cat 2yrs old, also a Rescue, named Queen Katy (aka Queenie, Katy), and our 3 dogs - currently in isolation in the guest room on the 2nd floor, while the two cats slowly get used to each others presence by smell, before being introduced to each other in-person, face-to-face.

The compleat integration process between Queenie and Bastet should take less than a week before they are eating, playing, and sleeping together in the same space.

Once successfully introduced, Bastet, will have gone from living on the streets in a dilapidated abandoned building in Atlantic City, to the confinement over-crowded Animal Rescue Shelter with an uncertain future, to our home in the matter of just 14 weeks... and, will be living in the lap of luxury with Queen Katy in this multi-story Cat Condominium, complete with wall-to-wall carpeted individual condo with amazing views, sky decks, exercise center, and, person butler - ME - who provides chef services, personal grooming, poop collection service, massage, and directed activities/entertainment, with unimpeded views of the Bay and wildlife directly outside our very quiet home - instead of views of urban decay and chaotic city noise.
View attachment 218163

And, NO CONDO FEES! :LOL:

I want everyone to know that is PURELY AND SOLELY because of our dear brother, @JimInks, posting sidebars in the WAYS Thread about his adventures with "The Ferals" which live under the love and care of the Amash house, that I got into adopting rescue cats... and drinking Community Coffee!

Jim's incredible sharing and contributions have extended waaaaaaay beyond just enriching my personal pipe-smoking; and, have enriched the lives of everyone in our home - and especially for Queen Katy and Bastet, who live with us now because of Jim and his wonderful influence and presence here on the forum. 👍

- Sherm ''Overly Blessed' Natman
Feline Queen and Goddess vying for supremacy? And 3 dogs in the next room? A perilous situation indeed.

You'll have to give us an update on the ensuing drama.

• Haha
Reactions: Zero

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Feline Queen and Goddess vying for supremacy? And 3 dogs in the next room? A perilous situation indeed.

You'll have to give us an update on the ensuing drama.

Nah... Dogs are on the first floor, Cats on 2nd floor in separate rooms - the dogs cannot access the 2nd floor.

Queenie is 2 yrs, and Bastet is a mere 14 weeks, so it wouldn't be much of a contest for supremacy.

The first goal right now is to have Bastet leave her shallow 'comfy box' on her own and engage on the floor, rather than have us take her out by hand.

Will do.

- Sherm 'baby steps' Natman