PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Motorcycles were my passion for 20 years. No pictures to show though. Mine included a 1964 Norton Scrambler, 2, R69S BMWs, a BMW R50, a BMW R75, a BMW R100, a 250 Ducati road racer from 1964, a Yamaha 400 2 stroke, a Yamaha 1100 the year it came out, 1978 I think. The Norton was the most fun, the BMWs the most comfortable for long distances and the most reliable, the 1100 the fastest. The 400 Yamaha was the worst. I was happy when it was stolen. the Ducati had no starter or horn. So you had to run down the street with it and jump on, and yell loudly instead of a horn. That got boring quickly.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
A ton of great bike photos. My last ride was an air cooled 2000 Yamaha Road Star. 1500 cc beast of a cruiser. Health reasons and raising bird dogs got me to caving into a guy who was bugging me to sell it to him from the day I got it. Let it go in '04 and he still has it and rides it. I do miss riding but only until I see someone driving and txting then I'm kinda glad I'm out.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
man, I forgot about this thread! Glad to see it come back alive. Great looking bikes everyone. I have been riding a couple times a week this time of year and it is great to be back on the road, and to see all your sweet rides!

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Guess I'll resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.
After work this evening I picked up a 2005 GSXR750. She's in great shape with a few extras like Full Hindle exhaust, power commander, flush mounts and under tail kit.
Previously in the past 17 years, rides included an old Kawi 1000, a Bandit 1200S, a TL1000R, ''04 Triumph Sprint ST955i and a 30th Ann Wing.
Looking back through this thread, plenty of beautiful and interesting rides.
Keep the rubber side down boys and girls.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I'll bite! This is my first and only, an 07 Triumph Bonneville which I've spent a lot of time customizing. Nothing too intrusive - besides cutting the main loom to install a motogadget speedo/tach instead of the plasticy dashboard that was stock. I've also removed the airbag and air injection and installed straight-through pipes with a rejet to match.
Probably about another two dozen mods on top of that but those are the main ones.
QU6ld39.jpg

RhvySrK.jpg

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
This is my Royal Enfield based Diesel motorcycle. It is equipped with a Bavarian Hatz engine:

I´ve got this nice Harley bobber too but it´s a non-starter (kicker only): :roll:

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
In college I had a Yamaha DS7 250 similar to the one pictured below. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending upon who you ask) I wrecked it in a rather spectacular manner, but was lucky enough to limp away. I've not ridden since.
large-LOT%20%2355.JPG

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I wrecked it in a rather spectacular manner, but was lucky enough to limp away.
Ditto, but mine was a Triumph Bonneville 650. I managed to make a comeback. Bought an old Harley Davidson K model; then a Sportster (bought new, still have it); then an Ultra Classic (bought new & still have it). Several dirt bike & a couple of ATV's along the way.
In the Barn now, Balance gone,
Ditto. And too hard on my old back! I'll never sell the HD Sportster but should sell the Ultra Classic.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Folks, Just had to share a few pics from a fine gentleman who sent me pictures of his 1949 James Comet and 1979 HD Sportster with sidecar.
Awesome machines.
http://theoldguy.ca/Classicmotorcycles.html

Status
Not open for further replies.