PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
If you like it then you like it. I've had many people tell me my guitars have sucked over the years. Sometimes i have agreed with them and other times i haven't :D

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Screw the guitar snobs. Strats are fun to play with, though I like tele's better. Ofcourse I go for more shredder machines, I love my Jackson guitars. One of them toured with Jobforacowboy around the States and through Europe one summer.
Ha Baron I know it. I had to re-solder that guitar like eight times. But you gotta love the cheap cheap cheap fulcrum tremolo's on them.
Yes, I'm down to write some riffs and mail them back and forth. Let's do a demo with EZdrummer.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I know the tuners on it were worth more than 30 bucks so I had to have it. It plays really really well. My uncle was jealous because I got it so cheap. I hate the epiphone though. I am lucky if it says in tune a day. Now the Epiphone master series is the best sounding acoustic I have ever heard. For those of you that haven't heard them yet I would check it out. While in the store a guy played martins and washburns that were 6 times the epiphone master and the epiphone killed all of them.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Depending on how heavy of metal you guys are talking about I could do some drum tracks if you can get some demos to me. My acoustic kit has been in a closet since I moved last year but I have a Roland kit in my office that I do some jamming with friends on. My left foot is a little slow and lacking in stamina so I struggle a little with really fast double bass but I've been playing drums for a little over 12 years and have covered everything from country to metal. I've got all the recording equipment.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Haha, that's exactly what I had in mind when I said "very fast double bass". That unfortunately exceeds my skills. I was hoping more like pantera or lamb of God. This would be about the extent of my foot speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYVthcg9A4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Photoman, give that "substandard" parts guitar to Mark Knopfler and watch him hand those guitar snobs their asses with a side order of STFU. It's about the man holding the axe.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
That's Derrick Roddy, he used to drum for Hate Eternal. He is my favorite drummer, and I typically tab out my guitar riffs to his flavor of drumming.
I've been working on Miles of Machines by Jeff Loomis, but I don't own a 7 string so I only get to at a friends house. I'm hoping to get a cheap bass that I can write my riffs with, and then write the guitars over top of them.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
That made me want to burn my drumset and cry. I've never had the time or dedication to work on that kind of speed. That's not necessarily my style but I can definitely appreciate the difficulty. I've always had a fascination with John Bonham and Danny Carey's styles of drumming and have built my style around theirs but I'm still just an amateur drummer. Good luck with the demos, I'd be interested in hearing them when you guys get some together.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Here's a pic of me at a gig with FFOGG (Frustrated Fat Old Guys with Guts). My Fender Roadhouse Strat and I appear to be taking a solo on my melodica (sort of a harmonia vibe with a small keyboard). The Strat is set up with a pick-up for a guitar synth as well. Very cool toy.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
My babies.....
bcrich_zpsc28b0d28.jpg.html
and.....
Peter_McCulloch_Eastwood_EEB_1_zps529cf4a2.jpg.html

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Nice, huh ^^^^^^^? Must be that invisible guitar I've heard so much about. Let's try this again.....]
Peter_McCulloch_Eastwood_EEB_1_zps529cf4a2.jpg

and......

bcrich_zpsc28b0d28.jpg
[/img]

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
+100 Baron Photoman, give that "substandard" parts guitar to Mark Knopfler and watch him hand those guitar snobs their asses with a side order of STFU. It's about the man holding the axe.
It has always amazed me at how many guy's who own a $3000.00 Taylor or Martin cannot do more than strum chords. Spend $500 on a guitar and $2500 on lessons and I guarentee YOU will make that $500 dollar guitar sing!

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Here's a few one mine:
1x Art & Lutherie Ami

1x Art & Lutherie Dreadnought

1x Epiphone Dot (Korean Limited Blueburst)

1x Oscar Schmidt Ukulele
200383_10100228385435832_415245_n_zpsf4f71e65.jpg

My Fender Uke is not here though haha
edit: Oh, and a bunch of my Harmonica's and my Kazoo and if you can see it on my desk my mixer haha

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I've finally got around to adding a piece of gear to my music space that I've wanted for a while. It's called a kitchen island but I find it makes a great stand for my Tascam and guitar effects. The towel rod is even handy for hanging cables, straps and cans. Drawer for manuals and the cabinet below for mics and other misc. items.
054-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

Photoman, give that "substandard" parts guitar to Mark Knopfler and watch him hand those guitar snobs their asses with a side order of STFU. It's about the man holding the axe.
Well said Baron! I love my Epis and I'm always profoundly impressed and disappointed at the same time when a real guitarist picks up one of mine and makes incredible sounds with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.