PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I've always thought that plugs, years ago would have been the go-to tobacco for the 'working man'. They were then, unlike now cheaper than flakes & ready rubbed mixtures.

Also you needed to have a knife on you all the time. Knives now as then, a necessary tool for most working men. So I was surprised to come across some lovely old tins of plugs. Hailing from the west end end of London, the poshest part of London. Where it seems all the locals there are well heeled bankers & toffs. Knives, would not be seen or in use, apart from the finest restaurants. This particular plug, is exquisitely pre-cut! Although remaining a fairly dense plug, you can easily tear off flakes with your hands. How cool/posh is that for a plug?

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Balh blah blah plug...
Tell us about the Timothy Taylor.
Landlord is pretty epic. I'm a big fan and brew my own version at home pretty frequently.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Timmy Taylor's Landlord is quite simply the best ale ever brewed...end of story!
I first tried it at a CAMRA beer festival at Sheffield uni back in the late '70's and fell in love with the stuff.
Sadly rarely seen these days in my neck of the woods but one pub in Falmouth did have it on as a guest ale a few years ago. Needless to say I popped in every day until it ran out :roll:
Interesting plug BTW Simon, t'would be nice to see the contents of the tin though.
Regards,
Jay.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Timmy Taylor's Landlord is quite simply the best ale ever brewed...end of story!
moosehead-pale-ale-beer-new-brunswick-canada-10314232.jpg

:mrgreen:

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I have to agree, Landlord is an awesome beer. It really needs to be had on cask. Nearly a religious experience.
Fortunately the yeast strain is available to home brewers so we can endeavor to replicate Landlord here in the States.

Ren

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Here you go @davet & everyone, a posh plug 'west end' style. (No knife required)

For those of you who were more interested in the pint of ale, here's a photo of it in all its glory.

A fine pale ale, in the true sense. (I detected no Latakia)

A wonderfully citrusy, hoppy taste smothers ones palate, & descends with ease & distinction. Due to the stoutness & fortitude of the ale, might not be easily handled by lager drinkers, brown hatters & clan smokers. However, if like me your a mans man, a cad & a bounder, could easily be classed as an all day drink.

Cheers, Simon.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Pipeman7, it is actually. A special cut one. It says so on the tin!

Even though it's been pre cut, you can throw it from hand to hand, or drop it on the floor & it remains a solid plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.