PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Another all good here too. They are my preferred company to deal with. Very helpful and have recommendations on blends if you ask them. Also missed a deal on a pipe they had on sale by a day. It was my fault and when i contacted them they gave me the discount anyways. Cant ask more out of a company and its people.

Reactions: dcon

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I just had to give a shout out. I bought an estate from them back when they had that great sale. The pipe was awesome until it started to clog half way through a smoke. Cleared it and same thing. I looked at their return policy and it was well past their time limit. I explained it to them and how I didn't send it in because I thought it was something normal (happens rarely but sometimes a pipe gets clogged) until it did the same thing every single time. Well after about a week they wrote me back and fixed the issue and are sending it back to me. Turns out that somehow a piece of metal got stuck in the bend. No clue how that happens. They could have easily said nope you didn't follow our rules or offered to charge me for the repair. Very happy with that. Also very happy to get the pipe back because it was great for the half a smoke I could get out of it. I had to say something about it. And if they would have said too bad our policy states I would have just had to eat the problem and chalk it up to bad luck.

Reactions: LOREN and edger

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
And one more SP good deed. I ordered a tin of tobacco and an extra freebie that had been advertised, and though the freebie was a mistake, intended for another pairing of pipe and tobacco, they made good on it. Clearly, SP has repeat business as part of their business plan, plus they have some good people who want to please the customers, so they always do right by them. They've certainly gotten my repeat business for years. I have other well esteemed sources online and off, but SP has attained a special place in my pipe smoking life.

Reactions: edger
Status
Not open for further replies.