PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshman

Lurker
Jan 9, 2020
I recently purchased a new pipe from smokingpipes.com. When I received it, I was disappointed to find that it had both a manufacturing defect (botched internal drilling) and non-minor cosmetic damage that was not visible in their photos.

I returned the pipe with a rather snippy email about quality control and received a gracious response, offering to hand select a replacement, email me photos for my approval, and ship 2 day express.

I accepted, and on receipt, the pipe was perfect in every respect.

Since I feel most people (myself included) are not hesitant to air negative on-line purchasing experiences, I felt it was only fair to give them a public 'shout-out' for outstanding customer service.

Disclaimer: I have no financial or personal affiliation with Laudisi Enterprises.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Since I feel most people (myself included) are not hesitant to air negative on-line purchasing experiences, I felt it was only fair to give them a public 'shout-out' for outstanding customer service.

Good on you for taking this approach.

I myself have been ordering from SP for over a decade and have nothing but good words for them.

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
I received my first order from them yesterday. The pipe was exactly as pictured (beautiful). Everything was packaged very well and it arrived sooner than I expected. I'll definitely do business with them again.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never had an order from SP that needed correcting. Everything has always been shipshape. But even better, they have done me various favors. One pipe they brought to a pipe show, on speculation for my approval, to save me shipping. In another case, when they omitted to bring a pipe to the show, they shipped it free. I've never been disappointed in a pipe or tobacco from them. Most of my Peterson pipes have been from them, and I have never experienced some of the quality control issues I've heard reported. I use several other online retailers fairly regularly too, but SP has customer service down to a "T." Also, I would recommend if you are getting into estate (used) pipes for the first time, use SP, since their pipe descriptions are impeccable and specs are complete.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
I recently purchased a new pipe from smokingpipes.com. When I received it, I was disappointed to find that it had both a manufacturing defect (botched internal drilling) and non-minor cosmetic damage that was not visible in their photos.

I returned the pipe with a rather snippy email about quality control and received a gracious response, offering to hand select a replacement, email me photos for my approval, and ship 2 day express.

I accepted, and on receipt, the pipe was perfect in every respect.

Disclaimer: I have no financial or personal affiliation with Laudisi Enterprises.
A very reputable company. I'm always satisfied when dealing with them also.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Not that this post needs any more affirmation, but there is no end to any good thing I could say about smokingpipes.com.

Very grateful that they are the way that they are.

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
I concur; a few months back I ordered a pipe from them and, after smoking it a few times, it was obvious there were defects in the pipe. I sent it back and smokingpipes.com replaced the pipe for me. A week ago I ordered multiple items including a pipe and was short $3 on qualifying for free shipping. Confused by being charged shipping, I contacted customer service to verify it wasn't a mistake. They explained the deficit and asked if I would like to add something to the order since the shipping was already paid. I added 2 pouches of Half & Half but that created a balance due since the tobacco was more than the deficit. As a courtesy to me, Ms. Davison with customer service discounted the price of the tobacco so there wouldn't be any remaining balance. I consider that going above and beyond what is reasonably expected to ensure customer satisfaction.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just sent in an order on the last day of discount on Cornell & Diehl bulk blends, just an ounce of each of three blends, since I am already so well stocked. I couldn't resist the 15% off. I wasn't sure how the shipping would be scaled, but I was pleased to see it was minimal, appropriate to the small order. That's just SP's way; you get the happiness with the order you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.