"Pocket Jar" - Tobacco Travel Container?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Has any one tried one of these? I stumbled over the ad viewing Ebay pipes this morning. I often have a need for 1-2" ounces of tobacco to carry on a plane. I always feel a little self-conscious with a glass mason jar (small size), that the TSA might think it is weed (they have never gave it a 2nd glance). But, this is plastic and would be a better travel companion.

PocketJar - Pocket-sized Tobacco Tote
Fresh Alternative to Heavy Jars and Bulky Bags!
  • Maintains Moisture & Freshness
  • Light Weight
  • Odor Proof
  • Shatterproof
  • Blocks UV
  • Travel Friendly
  • Perfect for Day Outings
  • Less than 1 Inch Thick
  • Made of Food Safe PET Plastic
  • Two-Piece Metal Lid with Gasket
US Patent Pending
Contains One, 1.8 oz PocketJar. Tobacco not included.

Multiple colors and a gift set
I'll pop for one at $14 and report back.

I have one. Picked it up, mainly, because forum member, shaintique, is the one selling. He started the Pipery.

I used it for just a few times out and about, but I preferred just using small empty square tins. There isn’t really a necessity to keep my tobacco sealed while out, because I prefer it dry anyways.

It is neat, but it just sets in a drawer now, with a lot of other pipe accessories.

I use them when I travel. They seal nicely and keep the tobacco fresh and in goldilocks condition.

NOTE: The actual "jar" is made of some sort of plastic and the molding process leaves a seam on the rim of the jar on all 3 I bought. It's not a big deal. I just took a file to them to make the rim smooth to ensure a proper seal. They are really handy if you like variety when you travel. puffy

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
I saw these...neat, but they just seem unnecessary. LIke Cosmic I use tins or a ziploc for the day. If I bought one I know it would eventually just wind up in a drawer gathering dust.

Reactions: Laurent and BROBS

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have one. Picked it up, mainly, because forum member, shaintique, is the one selling. He started the Pipery.

I used it for just a few times out and about, but I preferred just using small empty square tins. There isn’t really a necessity to keep my tobacco sealed while out, because I prefer it dry anyways.

It is neat, but it just sets in a drawer now, with a lot of other pipe accessories.
That's helpful, thanks! I like my tobacco "springy" and find a week in a standard tins gets it too dry. This might be right up my alley.

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
Looks to be about the size of a plastic snuff can which is what I use.

Just wash with warm soap and rinse with water. I pack them tight and have about 6 of them in my luchbox for work with different blends.

Reactions: Laurent and BROBS

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
That's helpful, thanks! I like my tobacco "springy" and find a week in a standard tins gets it too dry. This might be right up my alley.
If you would like to try one out, PM me your address and I will send you one. They came in a three pack set and I only use two of them currently. I'd be happy to share.

It's the least I could do after you did such a good job on my birthday Peterson.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Late to the post but I got one several months ago and really like it. I actually have spent a few years trying all sorts of containers just as a bit of an obsession. It’s good. Seems 3-D printed? I keep one attached to a magnet under my patio table if I want another bowl and don’t want to go inside too. And fyi. Cup O Joes has them the cheapest of the stores I’ve seen at $8.25 vs $11-13 at the bigger shops. I’d love to find the maker and buy bulk.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Essentially a Parker Baccyflap.
I seen this made a few years ago out of aluminum or steel? Precision done but was about $80 and looks kind of hard to open. That one anyway. This looks pretty cool. I like this design. Would slip in and out of a pocket easily if smooth. That ufo shape seems the best for pockets. I’ve used pill holders too for a smaller amount and less room taken up. Can fit 4-5 grams of flake in those and they’re cheap and strong. I keep one or two of those in a travel pack and come back months later and no moisture lost.

Reactions: Nevaditude

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Has any one tried one of these? I stumbled over the ad viewing Ebay pipes this morning. I often have a need for 1-2" ounces of tobacco to carry on a plane. I always feel a little self-conscious with a glass mason jar (small size), that the TSA might think it is weed (they have never gave it a 2nd glance). But, this is plastic and would be a better travel companion.

PocketJar - Pocket-sized Tobacco Tote
Fresh Alternative to Heavy Jars and Bulky Bags!
  • Maintains Moisture & Freshness
  • Light Weight
  • Odor Proof
  • Shatterproof
  • Blocks UV
  • Travel Friendly
  • Perfect for Day Outings
  • Less than 1 Inch Thick
  • Made of Food Safe PET Plastic
  • Two-Piece Metal Lid with Gasket
US Patent Pending
Contains One, 1.8 oz PocketJar. Tobacco not included.

Multiple colors and a gift set
I'll pop for one at $14 and report back.

$8 at cup o joes fyi.