PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagopiper74

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2019
Illinois
So I tried all three of the Plum Pudding triplets. IMO all three are spectacular, but much like triplets in real life there are always subtle differences. All three have a wonderful creamy flavor, but the most flavorful to me is the Special Reserve. BBA is a bit of a novelty and the tin note is, well, bourbon-y. But of the three it's probably the least interesting.

What do you think?

Best,
G

oldred

Might Stick Around
Dec 1, 2019
Have only tried regular and BBA, have a Special reserve tin but haven't cracked it yet. BBA was underwhelming.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Another Vote for Special Reserve. It's fantastic stuff. I have a couple tins of the BBA that I'll crack soon to complete the trifecta.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Good lord I didn’t know there were three of them now? Kind of dumb IMO.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I haven't tried the Barrel Aged but I have tried PP, PPSR and PP with a bourbon topping I did myself. I thought the bourbon made it slightly softer with the main ingredients still in very presence just tamed slightly. Other than that, the SR bets out the regular.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I haven’t tried the bourbon barrel not enough money these days to spend on newer blends, however I did have the special reserve and I loved it. So that’s my vote on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.