Pipestud Needs Pipe Identification Help Again!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Howdy Gang,

I just received several nice unsmoked pipes from a consignor who has no idea who made the pipes. All have the same marking on the wood. It looks like the spelling of the name is either Neohaev or Nechaeva. And the logo looks like a butterfly to me. My limited searching abilities came up with a big fat 0. So, once again seeking help here. I have attached a few photos in hopes that it will help.

Many thanks!
Steve
IMG_5336.JPGIMG_5339.JPGIMG_5319.JPG

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The beauty of the "make crazy shit" gig is that you can't miss if you aren't aiming at something.

Just crank out whatever happens to stay together using whatever tools, techniques, and materials you like, and after a while you might become the New Thing. If so, fame and fortune await. If not, it was fun while it lasted.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Well, here's hoping George! I made this one - well, I have not made the stem yet - and would love your opinion. Do you think this beauty will give me a shot at fame and fortune?

SteveIMG_5414.JPGIMG_5415.JPG

Reactions: greeneyes

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
In the back of my mind, I was wondering if you had any of her pipes—I remember your fondness for the unusual shapes by Rolando Negoita, and this came to mind.
Negoita could carve really different shapes successfully because he had an eye, taste, and talent. There's some on display at this site, but a lot of it is really unsuccessful design and flat out fuggly. Makes me wonder how many of these geniuses could execute a classical billiard. THAT actually takes chops.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
The beauty of the "make crazy shit" gig is that you can't miss if you aren't aiming at something.

Just crank out whatever happens to stay together using whatever tools, techniques, and materials you like, and after a while you might become the New Thing. If so, fame and fortune await. If not, it was fun while it lasted.
H8ter… 🤣

Reactions: twoonefive

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Looking for estate pipes in shipwrecks.

Now why didn't I think of that?!

;)
Don’t forget the tobacco!
When they discovered Shackleton’s Endurance, first thing I thought of was all those cutter top tins, stowed down below the decks. In the freezing waters, one would think/hope they’ll still be perfectly preserved.
3FF3062C-7767-4A82-B73C-5B09FFC1ECD5.jpeg2770AACC-8351-4833-9008-CF09A64880FC.jpeg