PipesAndCigars.Com: Are They Trustworthy?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
I haven’t dealt with them in a couple of years. They stopped carrying some of the tobaccos I like so I started buying from Smokingpipes.com and Tobaccopipes.com. Never had a problem with them, unlike some other members here, and their prices were very good.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Some people complain about their service. I've never had an issue with them in over six years as a customer that they did not fix right away. Their backorder system sucks. Sometimes they run good sales and coupons which make them the cheapest place to stock up on some tins, like Peterson blends etc.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Many, many orders from them and they corrected a problem that really wasn’t their fault on one transaction. Hard to believe I’m just lucky but YMMV.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
I would avoid them. They and their parent company have run amok for too long. A little communication goes a long way and doesn't cost that much for a business. Pipes & Cigars are after profit and couldn't care less once you've hit the "Finalize Order" button.

Reactions: kcghost

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I built half of my cellar from P&C. Had one problem and they handled it well enough.

They are the walmart of our world. They are usually cheapest and that comes with a cost, lesser service. If you want lightning fast shipping and pretty boxes, shop elsewhere. If you don't care how long the order takes and if the shipping carton is crushed, then proceed.

To address the site sponsor issue, they WERE a sponsor, but pulled out after experiencing weekly dog-pile bashing threads here. I don't blame them.

Their backorder system IS jacked up. If you pay with paypal and an item is unavailable or delayed, you order will fall into some sort of black hole that no one there seems to be able to figure out.

Forum Sig.png

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
P&C is not too bad. But - beware if you are ordering something that is likely to be an honest limited quantity item. You may not see that in your order. Shorted me on Dunhill tins when they were supposed to be in stock some years back. I chalked it up to SH*# happens. Their promo codes often do not work!
Otherwise, they are a worthwhile supplier.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
If their customer service system didn't badly suck, I might try them but it does-Big Time. I've only ordered from them a half dozen times in the last 2 decades but had no problem til the last order. They never sent it. After waitimg 3 weeks for it to be sent, began the laborious process of calling customer service. They're notorious for having folks on hold forever. I'd call and be put on hold for 20 minutes. Then I hung up as I don't do over 20 minutes wait. After 4 such calls finally got a human who told me she'd e-mail admin to send it out which they finally did. Decided they're not worth the hassle.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
I’ve spent thousands upon thousands of dollars at pipes and cigars and didn’t have one problem with them for over 10 years.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I've ordered multiple times from them with no issues. Now I mainly avoid them due to the complaints of various folks, where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Reactions: FLDRD