PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

professorwheezy

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2013
Just wondering. I realize my information will be skewed since I am posting on a PIPES forum but just wondering. How many are pipes only vs pipes and cigars?

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Pipes, unless my pops pulls out Cohiba. I will never in this world turn down a Cohiba.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Both. I smokes pipes more, however, for two reason. First, cost - cigars are really out of my budget, but I do keep at least some cigarillos or a couple full ones around most of the time. Second, ease - a cigar commits you to 1.5-2 hours. A pipe, I can toss in my pocket without fear of it breaking in half or tearing. A pipe can be stopped and re-lit very simply. I'm sure the list goes on.
But, to answer the OP: Pipes & Cigars for me.

chervokas

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2013
I've smoked cigars for 30 years. Cigarettes off and on during that stretch. And now, after several false starts over the decades, I've become a confirmed pipe smoker. I don't see myself giving up cigars though. They scratch different itches. I love a long, leisurely pipe smoke. I love the range of pipe tobacco types and flavors available. But I love the big rich flavors, and enormous smoke volume of a big ring gauge cigar too. And the relative ease of smoking a cigar -- no need for tools beyond a good cutter. Nothing to clean in the end.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I smoke both. I started smoking pipes most of the time, then at some point smoked more cigars and my pipes took a back seat.
That's the story of my life ... I can't imagine no cigars ... and unlike undecagon, since I smoke mostly a robusto size cigar, I'm not really committed to a longer period of time than I am with a pipe ... which is really a moot point for me anyway since either is generally something I do of an evening after dinner when time isn't of the essence.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Both. For a long while it was more cigars than pipe. For the past 9 months, much more pipe than cigars.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I quit cigarettes maybe four years ago, I don't miss them. I like cigars about two a week, or when I walk the dog. I do about two pipes a day, one after lunch and one after dinner.

mannish

Lurker
Aug 10, 2013
both - started pipe abut 8 or so years ago, cigars 11 or 12 years ago. Stopped the pipe for many years recently started back. I now smoke one cigar in the evening after dinner and too much pipe during other times.
A good Cuban cigar is still tops for me

Aug 21, 2011
Samanden: I'm a pipe guy till I die! I'm that guy in the cigar lounge smoking his pipe like he's better than everyone else. Excellent. LOL
Pipe only for me. I try cigars every once in a while. But I like the pipe tobacco more.

Status
Not open for further replies.