PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Was a cigar smoker for ages before I got heavily into pipes. Now i'm 95/5 pipes. Still have a nice humidor currently full of Nub Habano's. Great for the golf course or bbq's. Still enjoy a quality cigar.
But now I'm a full on pipe enthusiast.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Both. I do prefer pipes, but I don't see myself ever completely dropping cigars. If I'm simply in the mood for a cigar, even my favorite pipe and tobacco combinations won't cut it.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I belong to one of the largest Ford Mustang car clubs on the West Coast ( www.mustang-club.com ). On weekends we show my wife's car. At car shows I smoke cigars; pipes are a pain in the ass to smoke when you are moving around outside at an event.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I smoke a couple of cigars per year. I derive much more enjoyment from the variety pipes and pipe tobacco afford.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipes for me. I'll smoke a cigar, if offered, for an occasion, a wedding reception or a birth, etc. And I had a long

stretch when I smoked cigars only, when I traveled on business, to respect my wife's kicking a serious cigarette

habit. I enjoyed Cuban cigars in Canada, and Dominicans in the U.S., and prefer a good Dominican, though that

isn't what you are supposed to say. But minute for minute, a pipe is so much more enjoyable. I have so much

more control over what blend, and I can do my own blend, and the pipes themselves have so much more soul

and history. A cigar is one more disposable something (although at least it is almost immediately biodegradable).

A pipe is just all around a more interesting and beguiling experience. Put me down for pipes.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
I started as a cigar smoker, but since I started smoking pipes I prefer pipe tobacco. But I do have a cigar here and there.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Pipes mostly but when the temperature and humidity is up during the summer I enjoy a good cigar once in a while.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I have a humidor with almost 100 cigars in it. Since picking up the pipe in December of last year I've smoked 2 cigars. I hope I haven't lost the taste for them as I have some really nice cigars in there. But the flavours of pipe tobacco is so varied that cigars can't compare. And I am in the same camp that I prefer Dominican cigars over Cubans, and I live in Canada and can get a Cuban cigar anytime I want!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've been smoking cigars off and on for the past 14 years. What started out as a few cigars a year increased over the years. About 4 years ago I began smoking cigars on a regular basis. A little over 2 years ago I got into pipe smoking. The first year was maybe 3-4 times a month, but in the last year plus I've increased that number to where I smoke a pipe several times a week. I'm starting to get away from the cigars a bit as I don't smoke them as much anymore, but still have one about once a week.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Both. I go through a box of Camacho Corojo Toros a week in addition to my pipe smoking. I have the time and the means. I go to the B&M 3-4 times a week to see my loved ones and am living large. I'm a very lucky guy.

ftroop

Lurker
Aug 15, 2013
My humidor and pipes share a corner of my desk. The cigars are for guests and celebrations. The pipes are for me and quiet meditation.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Pipes mostly but I have a couple hundred cigars tucked away, and I have 2 or 3 a week....sometimes none. Every now and then one of the online cigar sellers will have a crazy price on a top shelf cigar and I'll order a few bundles.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Converted to the pipe from cigars about 7 years ago. For the last few years it's been very nearly pipe only...cigar maybe once or twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.