Pipes on Your Wishlist & Pipes on Your Dreamlist.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
I would dearly love to own a nice Eltang smooth poker with wicked cross grain. Something about the deep red contrast stain on his pipes just leaves me breathless. I don’t think I’ll ever pony up the $800 plus for one. I just can’t justify that kind of money for one pipe. It’s nice to drool over them, though.
As basically a corncob pipe tobacco smoker with a modest collection of medium quality factory briars, I call drooling over beautiful pipes, "pipe dreaming" one of the gifts of tobacco to the calming imagination of the pipesmoker. Whether possible wishlists or impossible dream lists, keep on drooling sir.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I would dearly love to own a nice Eltang smooth poker with wicked cross grain. Something about the deep red contrast stain on his pipes just leaves me breathless. I don’t think I’ll ever pony up the $800 plus for one. I just can’t justify that kind of money for one pipe. It’s nice to drool over them, though.
SPC has layaway.?

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@chasingembers dont you dare give me the means to justify such financial foolishness! There is something to be said for owning these artisan pieces, though. Lord hope that it’s decades away, but one day the Eltang’s of the world will pass on, and their work will be quite finite in supply. You’ll never be able to get another one. Barring estate sales, obviously. Maybe I’m slowly talking myself into it... ?‍♂️

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Wishlist has one of those Cannonballs and the all so elusive Savinelli Qandale. With Italy locked down now, though, the latter should probably be transferred to the pipe dream list.

I would love to hear from someone who has actually been smoking that Cannonball for awhile...something about it is appealing, but the weight and severe bent is troubling.

Reactions: MrTom and JMcQ

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@chasingembers dont you dare give me the means to justify such financial foolishness! There is something to be said for owning these artisan pieces, though. Lord hope that it’s decades away, but one day the Eltang’s of the world will pass on, and their work will be quite finite in supply. You’ll never be able to get another one. Barring estate sales, obviously. Maybe I’m slowly talking myself into it... ?‍♂️
Pipes2smoke has layaway too. rotf

• Haha
Reactions: dcon and MrTom

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I would love to hear from someone who has actually been smoking that Cannonball for awhile...something about it is appealing, but the weight and severe bent is troubling.
Only if you clench, I guess. I don't. I second your thought, though, reports from the field are always useful.

Reactions: MrTom

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Heh, and I'm willing to bet a tin of Vintage Syrian that the masks were made in China. :rolleyes:

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Here's the Ardor acorn that slipped away from me while I was too slow on the trigger. If I ever see one pop up again I'll buy it as fast as I possibly can.
1583941160328.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always wonder if I had thought ahead if I would have bought fewer pipes at higher prices, presumably in a shrewd way to get the most for the increased cost. I have a few treasures that are higher end, but I have enjoyed catching some good discounts and sales that have been rewarding, and many of those pipes are terrific, beyond expectations, and it is almost always enjoyable to buy a pipe. There have been a few clunkers over the years, but just a few.

Reactions: MrTom
Jan 8, 2013
rotf

687_9734blowfish5-600x462.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.