Pipes on Your Wishlist & Pipes on Your Dreamlist.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
On my wishlist are a few dependable bent billiards, which is my preference for daily use. Savinelli 614 and 602 are nice shapes and Punto Oro is a nice finish, either blasted or smooth. Also Stanwell 83 with a nice blast or maybe a flame grain.
Dream list would be a bent billiard from Castello or from a high end meerschaum carver.
I do find it extremely difficult to find meerschaum pipes with appealing shapes. Many are well carved, but few have pretty lines.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Wishlist has one of those Cannonballs and the all so elusive Savinelli Qandale. With Italy locked down now, though, the latter should probably be transferred to the pipe dream list.

Reactions: MrTom

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Reactions: shanez and MrTom

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Wishlist has one of those Cannonballs and the all so elusive Savinelli Qandale. With Italy locked down now, though, the latter should probably be transferred to the pipe dream list.

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
On my wishlist are a few dependable bent billiards, which is my preference for daily use. Savinelli 614 and 602 are nice shapes and Punto Oro is a nice finish, either blasted or smooth. Also Stanwell 83 with a nice blast or maybe a flame grain.
Dream list would be a bent billiard from Castello or from a high end meerschaum carver.
I do find it extremely difficult to find meerschaum pipes with appealing shapes. Many are well carved, but few have pretty lines.
I have a number of budget estate & new carved Meers, but I don't like them, prefer the clean traditional lines of my Falcon Meer bowls, but all the quality plain traditional uncarved designs , that I like are dreamlist only.

Reactions: workman

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After years of PAD, and several score pipes, my wish list has doubled back on itself so I most crave pipes that were on my wish list that I finally bought, or pipes that I bought as good bargains but that have earned higher esteem over the years. More than several gift pipes that I wouldn't have bought for myself have proven to be wish list pipes after all -- a churchwarden, an Oom-Paul, a Meerschaum, and a bamboo stem pipe (not a gift per se but sold to me at an alarmingly deep discount by the carver). Sometimes you don't know enough to wish for a pipe that would have been on your wish list had you known.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
#1 on my wish list is a Mark Tinsky pot. My plan is to ”gift” myself a commission of this for my 60th b-day in 10 months. Others on my watch (and likely at some point obtain list) are a pre-Cadogan GBD Canadian (preferably a NOS, if such an animal exists), and an old Saseini Four Dot Billiard in decent shape (I have several 4 Dots but, have not found the ’right’ older Four Dot). I, also, keep an eye out for 1961 Dunhills (my birth year, I have a Bruyere, a Shell, and a Tanshell but, would not mind adding a Root :)). I have what most would consider ‘too many’ pipes already but, I can’t seem to resist bargains on Rossi, Savinelli, and Petes when all the stars align. Strangely, I do not have a Comoy (a Blue Riband would be nice), Sav Autograph, or one from a Russian maker. Those might be added, as well as I will need more pipes for my 1/2 year Russian home when I retire.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
  • Haha
Reactions: Casual and MrTom

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I would dearly love to own a nice Eltang smooth poker with wicked cross grain. Something about the deep red contrast stain on his pipes just leaves me breathless. I don’t think I’ll ever pony up the $800 plus for one. I just can’t justify that kind of money for one pipe. It’s nice to drool over them, though.

Reactions: dcon and MrTom
Status
Not open for further replies.