Pipes Forum Slowly Transforming Into....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I'm not on any other social media, no Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitter or any other forums...just this pipe forum. So, maybe it's just me then.
As mentioned, all those places have people running around with their hair on fire. Even some of the other pipe forums have gone askew with CV news. This place seems to be tolerant and have good humor about the situation we all are in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The virus has devoured the news. At last, a common interest throughout the world. Shudder. Never been on Facebook, though it has disappeared several former friends who walked into a swamp with Mark and never came out. A bigger scam has never been ... gone viral. Sucks out your soul and all your data-data-data.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Yeah, there are a few, but its to be expected with whats going on. Agree with others that it pales in comparison to the FB/IG shitshow. Only FB page I follow is Alaska Pipe Club and even I get blasted with CV jibber jabber. Instagram I am active on, but thankfully its mostly just funny memes.

I’ve been less active on all of it lately, surprisingly. My wife are sort of treating this like a long trip to the cabin (most people would consider our house a cabin anyway). Lots of reading, walks in the march sun, and house projects, art, playing with the baby, etc.

Next on the list is a big moose rack I have to mount. Should afford me some good time in the shop with a lit pipe and the woodstove burning. “No, I’ll just be a little longer honey, still working.....”.:LOL:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
of course people are going to talk about the biggest thing happening at the moment. It helps people pretend they can have some certainty. Which is the worst thing there isn't a super huge amount of certainty at this point. Might blow over could blow up or something between. It's effected everyones life at least somewhat and there isn't a lot these days that seems to effect everyone.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.