Pipes Forum Slowly Transforming Into....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Ooh-a-ooh?
MV5BNmZiMjZmOWItMWYxOS00NjRkLThkNWQtMTE2NGJmOTc4YjdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
One of my primary goals in life from this day forward will be to never allow myself to utter any of the following incantations catch phrases:

social distancing
shelter in place
flatten the curve
an abundance of caution
self quarantine
You forgot 'COVID-19'.

Then again, you probably don't wanna be locked out of your S'witter account. :rolleyes: ?

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I just call that the flu (and never had a S'witter account...and never will).
This is the only form of social media I part take In. At least we all have pipe smoking in common, which is a hell of a lot more than what I have in common with 80% of my friends and family ? screw Facebook and Twitter and whatever else everyone uses to post their life on that I don't give a shit about! ?? yeah I'm an insensitive prick sometimes

Reactions: BROBS and scloyd

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Some people would deny a fire was happening in their own home. I wish my head went that far into the sand or should I say up my ass.

• Haha
Reactions: saintpeter

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Something still doesn't smell right about all of this. My great grandfather had twenty kids out of two marriages, making me related to MANY people by blood or marriage around Kentucky. Of the ones I've been in contact with, none of them have had it nor do they personally know anyone that has. Not saying it doesn't exist, just peculiar.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Something still doesn't smell right about all of this. My great grandfather had twenty kids out of two marriages, making me related to MANY people by blood or marriage around Kentucky. Of the ones I've been in contact with, none of them have had it nor do they personally know anyone that has. Not saying it doesn't exist, just peculiar.
Are you O positive? If I need a transfusion I want you to be the donor!

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Huh, I have eastern KY blood through my maternal grandmother, and I have family still there that I visited when I was a kid. See you at the reunion.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Huh, I have eastern KY blood through my maternal grandmother, and I have family still there that I visited when I was a kid. See you at the reunion.
Let's see.....related to any Allens, Whitts, McGuires, Heltons, Greenes, Adams, Lemasters, Maizes, Martins, Spencers, Browns, Tiptons, Donahues, Stones........

Reactions: Bowie

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

I'm not surprised...just going by the official numbers it's just not that unusual. What is unusual is shutting down the whole western world...now that is mighty fucking unusual.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you know someone who's lost their job or business because of this.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Required reading:

51g4llMXllL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Fear has become an ever-expanding part of life in the West in the twenty-first century. We live in terror of disease, abuse, stranger danger, environmental devastation and terrorist onslaught. We are bombarded with reports of new concerns for our safety and that of our children, and urged to take greater precautions and seek more protection. But compared to the past, or to the developing world, people in contemporary Western societies have much less familiarity with pain, suffering, debilitating disease and death. We actually enjoy an unprecedented level of personal safety.​
The facts often fail to support the scare stories about new or growing risks to our health and safefy. Our obsession with theoretical risks is in danger of distracting society from dealing with the old-fashioned dangers that have always threatened our lives."​

Assuming Amasux is still shipping. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.