36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, I am starting to learn that being the easy to please guy who says, "Oh no problem," "I don't mind," and "I'll smoke it anyways," I really don't get anything from that. The one time I complained to P&C about dropping a bulk box of flakes from a box that wasn't sealed... and they shipped out a new box, I ended up feeling guilty and called the CS to pay for the box that I spilled, ha ha. From now on, I am going to be picky as shit, and maybe I will get some discounts.
"What, they put a free cigar in my box, screw them."
They had all better make sure that every little tin is safely stoved in the box, because I am gonna scream till I get me some discounts. It sure as heck doesn't pay to be a nice guy. :puffy:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Last night and this morning I had trouble ordering one particular tin of tobacco. I could not put it in my cart. I messaged P&C but was not getting a response. As I waited I saw that the number of tins available of one I ordered were dropping. When it hit 2 left, I sent my order anyway without the elusive tin. This thread made me email Russ, and he confirmed there was an error on the website causing the inability to put that tin in the cart. He fixed it but it was too late to add the tin to my order. The lady offered to waive the shipping so I could still get the tin without paying for a second box to ship. I have to say, after the hiccups of the past, I continue to be impressed with the CS at P&C. I also want to note that it was fewer than 24 hours without a response to my request. They were not incredibly slow, I was just under a time constraint due to one tobacco disappearing from the shelf as I waited. Thanks Russ, and tell your team the same for me.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks Russ, and tell your team the same for me.
My pleasure. I'm always glad to jump in if I see an issue that needs to be resolved. I will definitely let our people know how pleased you were.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PC recently had a short sale on the Peterson Rocky Donegal series, a huge array of shapes, at $65.99 for pipes that usually go for $95.99. Mind you, it is SP which recently bought Peterson. I put in a Christmas request hoping my wife could get the sale price, which perhaps she did. PC has stellar prices on Stanwells, and a huge selection, based on their business connections there. They occasionally offer amazing prices on other pipes, like a Tsuge "tasting pipe," full size, for about $40. And natural finish Petersons for about $40. They are willing to reduce their profit per pipe to pump up volume and apparently make it work. They really amaze me ... offers I can't always refuse.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
It's been a crazy time around here. I'm now monitoring customer comments to help with resolution with issues, and I'm also working with the shipping department to make sure that we maintain a high level of service. We also have a lot of projects in the pipeline to bring some great new items to our customers. I just want to thank those of you who shop with us, and if anyone has questions or issues, please contact me at russo@pipesandcigars.com.
We all know Russ as the premier P&C troubleshooter, and hey, with this commitment from him I might order something though I'm 8 months quit!
Oh! and after reading so much negative about P&C for so long it's heartwarming to read an entire thread of well-earned praise.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Always a good experience (so far). Damn those RO blends are good. Thanks Russ.
My only gripe is having to open 2 or 3 different pages only to discover everything is out of stock. Seems it could be noted on the initial page for pipes and tobaccos etc. Yeah I’m freakin lazy...

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
If you're buying RO blends, always check out the Battle of the Blends special. They're a fantastic deal if you like both blends. The only trouble is the RO blends fly off the shelf pretty quickly and the Battle of the Blends isn't something they will allow you to buy on backorder, which is generous to begin with.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Hey Craig. Yes I’ve been eyeballing those “battle” deals big time. Wow, what a savings and most of those I really like or want to try. Going there now to check it out. Thanks.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Is it just me, or does the "Notify Me" option on P&C not work anymore? Every time I click on it lately, a "System Error" dialog pops up. Same result on various devices, browsers and connections. With all the hoarding collecting going on, notifications are the only way a lot of folks can have a chance of getting to try many blends, so this is frustrating. I'll order from P&C anyway because they have the cigars I like and I've had positive experiences with them going back many years, but I'd do a lot more business with them if I could get in on stuff that flies off the shelf. I've never done anything that's on backorder because I'm worried it would hold up the whole order, and I can't wait on everything else.
The awakening Chinese pipe tobacco market noted above is a huge deal, and I'm surprised it doesn't get more discussion here. I suspect that's ultimately going to be a bigger factor in US availability than the FDA stuff. One can only hope that Chinese demand will move on to super high-dollar vintages fairly quickly (that's what happened with Bordeaux and California reds in the 00's - it got so crazy there was even a couple films made about it) and leave some space for low-middle-brow yankees like me. The cigar industry was able to figure it out, apparently, so it can't be all that hard. Meanwhile, I hope our US tobacco retailers are making bank by inflating intl shipping rates!

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Is anyone experiencing problems with the P&C website? I'm able to access the site but whenever I try opening an actual product the site seems to crash.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Looks that way Anthony, thanks for checking. I'm using my android phone. I can access everything just fine via Firefox, but Google Chrome is giving me the following:
Child actions are not allowed to perform redirect actions.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Child actions are not allowed to perform redirect actions.

Jan 8, 2013
Miscommunication between Google Chrome and Android perhaps? Google Chrome is working just fine with Pipesandcigars on my computer.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Got it working, I cleared the cache and restarted my phone. Wanted to see what was on the Lane appreciation sale.. Happy to see Peter Stokkebye blends are included. Might get some Luxury Navy Flake for the cellar.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The Notify Me function is inactive right now. We will restore it after we've had the opportunity to fix some issues.
Russ

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Either P&C had the largest shipment of penz and Stonehaven in history today or I see a lot of pissed off people tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.