PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been treated well by P&C and other sponsors. Now I have to go to work on my wiki provider and server software, since I'm losing the ability to bring up my go-to pages. I probably need a new modem and some updates on the server. Though I have used digital devices for years and eons, my learning curve has always been poor. I just think differently than the people who design these monuments of technology, so the fun of sussing out software changes, updates and maintenance is all frustration and little satisfaction. Partly generational, and partly being "creative" rather than "mathematical," though I know talented mathematicians are highly creative. PC has always done orders correctly, on time, and at great prices. One dented tin, one time.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Pipes and Cigars has always sent what I ordered and what I ordered has arrived in good condition.

My only quibble is their shipping is slower than their competition.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
I ordered some tins of Nording about two weeks ago. A couple of days later I checked the status and it said pending, with the items still showing as in stock. Now it says backordered so I have a feeling that I'll never see them. Really bad inventory management system, and has left a sour taste in my mouth.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
They are pretty much my bi-monthly store. Have always had good service from them and there selection is growing ever wider which makes it hard not to purchase more than I have budgeted for every month. The Acadia blends are eyeing me now so I will probably put some of them in with my order for next month.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Anthony yes, I was offered Lane 1Q as a similar replacement. No thanks.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Anthony yes, I was offered Lane 1Q as a similar replacement. No thanks.
Which Nording blend(s) did you order? I will come up with a better substitution for you.
Russ

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Hi Russ thanks for the offer but I was actually purchasing them as trade bait for what I really want... McClelland Virginias. I didn't hear about McClelland closing until after the fact and all online vendors were already out of stock. I love that ketchup aroma as my first non-aromatic was a gifted tin of '83 McCranie's red flake. Harris gave me a list to work off of, but what would you suggest with a similar profile? I've ordered Dunhill Flake, Dunhill Dark Flake, Dunhill 3 year aged Virginias, Dunhill Navy Rolls, Escudo, and have been buying a few McClelland blends on eBay but it's getting expensive. Thanks for your time, and have a Happy Easter weekend!

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Well my order came in nice and orderly as always with P&C. Cellar is starting to build up.

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
I only recently discovered Pipes and Cigars and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. There selection of pipes and tobacco is extensive and the 3 orders I placed and received this month, arrived in a timely manner, well packed and correct. No complaints here so far. :)

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
It's been a crazy time around here. I'm now monitoring customer comments to help with resolution with issues, and I'm also working with the shipping department to make sure that we maintain a high level of service. We also have a lot of projects in the pipeline to bring some great new items to our customers. I just want to thank those of you who shop with us, and if anyone has questions or issues, please contact me at russo@pipesandcigars.com.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was amazed with the recent discount on Petersons when it was smokingpipes.com who just bought them. Good show!

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
My last order was great it was my invoice that was wrong. P&C charged me $12.99 for a free calendar and $1.25 for a Silver Pipe Nail that I didn't order. When I called customer service to have it taken off I was told it was my fault. I ordered the calendar and the nail. I didn't know I could order the calendar. I thought they came automatically with the order and I never even heard of the Silver Nail. Since I already have 6 calendars I didn't need another one. They can keep the calendars and give them to someone who wants them. She took the calendar off and credited my account but wouldn't take the nail off. I guess I have a Silver Nail coming now.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
How could anything get on an invoice if not ordered? But regardless, it seems poor customer service and bad judgment to anger a customer over a small amount of money.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
UPDATE!!!!!
Not only did P&C credit my account for the calendar. They took 15% off my entire order. I can't say I have ever had that level of customer service. They just earned my loyalty. Thanks to everyone at P&C!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.